• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Arbidol anyone?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Anyone tried Arbidol? I just tried it and it kicked my ass around the block and back. I felt really tired and lots of pain. I even split it and that didn't make a difference. After a week I had to give up.

I did not get a headache or nausea that I get from too much Immunovir or Cycloferon.

Add one more thing to my drawer of unused stuff.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Well you know my story with it. It stopped my constant sinus infections and the need for abx while on arbidol.
If i had the extra cash i would be using it.
It may induce interferon alot more or maybe more inflammatory cytokines than immunovir or cycloferon, could be why its kicking your arse??

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm curious if anyone else has tried it. After a week of pain and feeling like I was in quicksand I had to stop. It was the pain that just got to be too much for me. I was able to take the Arbivir which is supposedly the same thing but obviously not as strong.

When I opened a cap to split it (half had the same effect) it was only filled halfway so that is some strong Shi*t.

I'll go back to Immunovir and Cycloferon.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Can't take it. Puts me in a coma. I"m not interested in other OTC immune modulators. I'm interested about this specific one and why this one beat me up so bad vs cycloferon and isoprinosine.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Can't take it. Puts me in a coma. I"m not interested in other OTC immune modulators. I'm interested about this specific one and why this one beat me up so bad vs cycloferon and isoprinosine.

there are different types of interferons, some are anti inflammatory and some are inflammatoy. It seems to be an individual response has to what types of interferons are induced by these immune mods.

Cycloferon is suppose to induce more anti inflammatory interferons and this seems to be an effect i get from it, but i know of some who have tried it and felt worse. Debatable as to exactly why if it was the inflammation or some type of die off type reaction or possible to have an IRIS type reaction, immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome??

Dr chia seems to find people initially have bad reactions to his herbal immune mods, but they seem to have a big difference in doses used so maybe easier to alter them etc, where i guess with arbidol its hard to lower the dose more than 1 capsule etc . He also finds those he treats with interferon itself feel alot worse initially. It gets really hard to know if a reaction that makes you feel bad is a good thing or a bad thing??

In regards to immune mods im currently using immunovir which i plan to stay on long term. Im also using some herbals, astragalus as well as another herb formula containing bupluerum which has some research behind it being useful for Hep B infections.

If funds allow i want to be keep some cycloferon and arbidol up my sleeve and use for viral crashes etc. I would like to try them in short burst for when i come off avs as i seem to only last 2-4 weeks off them before i have viral reactivations. I have found the cycloferon seem to only help for a few weeks, so i think its best for intermittent use?? Immunovir sounds better for long term use as dr klimas finds that over time the nk function increases but this seems to take longer??

All trial and error???

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I took 1/2 cap for 4 days and it really didn't lessen how bad I felt. The bad feeling, almost like a relapse, I could have dealt with but the pain was something I could not and Nothing helped with the pain.

If I start too fast on cycloferon or immunovir I get nauseated and a headache but that goes away if I split the dose. This never went away, the pain or feeling like crap.

I can't say if I noticed a difference specifically from them vs due to an increase in my famvir.
I think because you are more functional than me you notice the benefit more easily. ?

I've been off immune mods more than on the last few weeks and I feel ok.

I'll have to figure out how I want to proceed with the cyclo and immunivir. I've been on immune mods with famvir for a year and doing ok so something is working.

Guess you and I are the only ones on arbidol.

Trial and error for sure.