• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

April 7/8 NIH State of Knowledge Conference - watch online to show our support!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This very important conference starts today in a couple of hours (8am EDT, 1pm UK time). I gather that they keep an eye on how many people watch online so it's worth doing to show our interest and support.

Here's the link, which presumably should show something to click on or watch once they're going live.

Even if your concentration is too poor to follow it or you can't watch it all day, I think it's important to have it running to "cast your vote".

I'll be out of the house when it starts so if there's a better link when the time comes, please someone post it!

Here's the impressive agenda, posted earlier this week by urbantravels.

shannah

Presentation seems awfully blurry and mouths seems out of wack with words. Seems to me this happened last time yet the first CFSAC meeting they webcast was very clear while using a different video system.

Anyone have a clear picture?

Presentation seems awfully blurry and mouths seems out of wack with words. Seems to me this happened last time yet the first CFSAC meeting they webcast was very clear while using a different video system.

Anyone have a clear picture?

I'm getting an excellent picture with very little lag between the video and audio (my TV signal is often worse than this!). Sounds like the connection you're getting isn't very good Shannon. Probably depends on the bandwidth of your internet connection.

It may be worth attempting to reconnect (shut down and start up again), that often gets videocasts back in sync. On the other hand, in cases where the number of total connections is limited, you run the risk that you may not be able to reconnect - and you may get no better a connection than before anyway. If it's really bad, it's worth a try.

Note that you're web browsing as well at the same time, which may interfere with your bandwidth. For me, the web connection is weaker but the video stream is being preserved/prioritised, but it's possible my router or something else is doing that for me, and yours may not be, so it may be worth shutting down anything else non-essential on your home network to maximise the bandwidth available for the video stream. Also shutting down other apps on your PC so it's operating at its max efficiency.

Lenny Jason: Brilliant! :D

shannah

Thanks Mark!

I agree about Lenny. He really hammered home the need for clear, uniform definition. Also mentioned he had a paper in for publication on mortality.

Kate_UK

I think the tea break started late. They are probably still having tea.

ETA Judy is on now.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
When they announced the break I heard them say to be back at 10:30 sharp for XMRV so should be a few minutes.

pamb

Is it just me frozen on the first XMRV slide, with no sound? I had it brilliantly before the break.

GOT IT NOW - darn. missed a few minutes.

Wonko

For anyone having issues watching it seems increasing your players buffer size to greater than 3000ms seems to help - of course it might just be coincidence but I've gone from only being able to watch a few seconds at a time before my player (VLC) locked up to having continious playback for the last 10mins by making this adjustment.