• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Approaches to treating D-Lactic Acidosis

Thinktank

Too bad the formula didn't agree with you.
One serving size is 36gr. (150kcal) To be sipped slowly in a 15 to 60 minutes timeframe, to avoid bloodsugar spikes and drops. How much did you use per serving?

All the elemental diets are very high in glucose because it's so easily absorbed. I've not seen a true elemental diet low in glucose as of yet. Perhaps making your own elemental diet might be a solution, that way you can alter the macronutrients to your liking.

Thinktank

I hope you'll find something that agrees with you @tyson oberle

I just drank the first serving and it's pretty nasty! Not as disgusting as vivonex but it has some kind of chemical medical taste to it, like with some antibiotics, it's hard to place.

Thinktank

A little update.
Yesterday i did a whole day of physicians formula elemental diet. It was easier to do than i expected, partly because it's more palatable than other elemental diets and sipping it continiously throughtout the day instead of drinking it all up in 15 minutes prevented me becoming hungry, i did not get hungry at all!

I do react a bit to something in the formula, i think it's the dextrose. Integrative nutrion, the manufacturer of the elemental diet misleads people by saying there's no corn in the product, but there is! Dextrose is derived from corn. I asked them about the source of their dextrose but they didn't want to disclose that information. If it really were made of potatoes for example they could have proudly stated that, instead they don't want to disclose the source so i can only conclude the dextrose is derived from corn.

I react to the phycisians elemental diet a bit the same as i do to corn.

Also, all that sugar (69% of the formula) makes me feel off, very brainfogged and a bit restless. At this time i have too much on my mind so i will have to wait until i can take 2 weeks off from everything.

Hi
I have elevated d-lactate (only tested in the urine). I am in a very bad state, I can't read much (understanding even worse) ...
I tried Metformin. Not much for some days, felt normal. Then I had a MRT with a contrast-liqid. I crashed like never before, with additional symptoms I never new. Pulse while lying 150, sweating very much with sour odor while feeling very very cold, chills, breathlessness/ fast breathing, wich I could not take influence (I tried deeper, less deep, faster, slower...). I woke up severl times a night with beeing very cold, high pulse, and a very strange feeling I never new like there was no oxygen in my brain. I could not think, not write...I really thougt I was dying! This lasted for some months, but got continually better. I could not explain this for a long time, because Metformin is not a dangerous droug and it is lot long acting! Metformin can make D-lactate and this would match with most symptoms, but why it was ok the first days? Then I found somewhere the advice that you should not take Metformin when you get contrast-liquid (for the MRT, so this must be too much. The strange thing is, that it does not seem like I have an intestional overgroath or much bacterias which are known to produce d-lactate.
Now, several month later I am back in my "normal state" but I thought maybe I have still high d-lactate and maybe could get little better with treatment.

Do you have any Idea what I could try to lowering the d-lactate, but not via lowering its production? I allready tried high dose B1 and soda (natriumcarbonate) without regcognizing a difference.

I hope what I wrote was understandable (bad combination of trouble concentrating and bad english :) )

Last edited: