• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Appointment with KDM & prescriptions

Glad to Know Marc I got the price list which I'm sure is an under estimate but happy to hear you don't have to run the same battery of tests every time.

gregh286

Do you mean £700 just for the B12 shots?

I don't know in the UK but if you buy it in Belgium you can buy a loooooot of shots for that price:
http://www.apotheekverschaeve.be/nl/hydroxocobalacet-amp-15-x-3x10mg2ml
That's about €2,80 per shot.

For me the tests were the most expensive part, especially the first round of tests, later he only tests the irregularities and it becomes more affordable.

Hi this was for 20 x 10 mg vials of b12 for injection. Chemist wouldn't believe it was 10mg....it's a high dose injection.

Marc_NL

Hi this was for 20 x 10 mg vials of b12 for injection. Chemist wouldn't believe it was 10mg....it's a high dose injection.
Yes, I know it's the 10mg B12, that's what KDM usually prescribes to his patients, the one I linked to is the same.

adelheid55

I can't say KDM finds always Lyme. I got another diagnosis. The tests he does aren't more expensive than in our country. The difference is he knows his stuff. And so do you afterwards.
We spent a lot of money on a lot of tests with our doctors and a lot of time went by . All this to absolutely no avail.

Biarritz13

HI @collie
From what I can see mostly everyone gets lyme disease diagnosis.

I think it was true when you were visiting him but I don't think it is anymore. I know a lot of people who don't have this diagnosis and he doesn't rely on the Elispot as before.

His new theory for ME (from what I can gather) is that some kind of infections (bacterias or viruses) trigger an imbalance in the microbiome, which led to high level of LPS, bacterial translocation and inflammation.

According to him, a drug which is currently on phase 3 (Gilead Sciences) will be able to diminish directly the LPS. It will be on the market in 2019.