• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Apple Cider Vinegar

arx

Hi,

This might not be specifically aimed at ME/CFS, but I want to ask if anyone has tried Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) and how has it helped them. I've read about ACV,honey,water and baking soda mixures helping people with digestion, immunity,energy and other things. I read you gotta do it 3 times a day before meals, and 5 days on and 2 days off.
Maybe it is worth trying out?

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Jenny

Hi,

This might not be specifically aimed at ME/CFS, but I want to ask if anyone has tried Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) and how has it helped them. I've read about ACV,honey,water and baking soda mixures helping people with digestion, immunity,energy and other things. I read you gotta do it 3 times a day before meals, and 5 days on and 2 days off.
Maybe it is worth trying out?

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

I tried cider vinegar with honey several times a day for a few weeks. Didn't do any days off though. Made no difference to anything.

I tried ACV with water once a day and didn't notice anything. I didn't try to take days off, but I know I forgot and stopped sometimes, so it was like a week on, week off, week on, week off.

PNR2008

I don't take it internally but when I really need to boast my system by lessening pain, I take a bath with ACV and sea salt with a few drops of eucalyptus. It seems to reduce inflammation and draw out latic acid. If I am walking but in pain I usually can get about 3 hrs of relief to get to doctor's appointment, or somewhere else important . OI means no hot water just warm and be careful about taking any pain medicine because of the dangers of lethargy. I know my pain meds take 45mins to work and this gives my body a jump start which I need on bad days.

taniaaust1

I tried the ACV with its mother there for a while (as they say its got so many health benefits).. and found for me, it didnt do a thing. I was taking it twice a day.. I think I took it in 15ml doses so 30ml per day.. and I didnt have any rest days with it.