International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone's thoughts on the CFIDS Foundation theory...

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Sandman00747, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Sandman00747

Sandman00747 Senior Member

United States, Kansas
    I stumbled onto this site quite by accident. The CFIDS foundation has a theory that this disease is caused by chronic low level radiation poisoning. For whatever reason I have never before read anything about this as I always

assumed my onset suggested a viral cause. I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on this theory as I know many of you will have researched this or at least seen it. Even if you haven't I would like to read about your

thoughts. Does anyone think this theory has any validity? I don't know what to think! I saw Hip's thread on cell towers and possible illness, which got me interested, but I think these researchers are suggesting much more than microwave radiation. Thank you in advance! Here's the site I stumbled onto if you are interested.

http://www.ncf-net.org/presidents-messages.htm

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    merylg likes this.
  2. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

What is meant by "CFS is a slow progression to cancer"?

Are they suggesting that all PWC eventually develop cancer?

3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    Radiation exposure can be a cause of acute chronic fatigue, but not the vague/ambigious "low level radiation poisoning". The signs of that are different to what we have.

I'm willing to bet money this isn't the answer.

4. Sandman00747

Sandman00747 Senior Member

United States, Kansas
    It appears they do believe what you stated @Skippa. I was quite shocked to find those pages! If one lived close to Fukushima, Chernobyl, or Three Mile Island then maybe it would make more sense. But I can't begin to believe they think all ME/CFS people are victims of low level radiation poisoning! I hate it when I find stuff like

this on the net. I believe they are also suggesting that all of us PWC are more susceptible(sensitive) to radiation poisoning than other people are. I will say that I believe we haven't been told the whole truth about any of those disasters, especially Fukushima. But I think their supposition is outlandish! I need to spend more time away from the computer!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    merylg, Joh, Valentijn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

It's not radiation poisoning. There would be a high degree of clustering of cases if it was.

Joh, Sandman00747 and Snow Leopard like this.

See more popular forum discussions.