• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone's thoughts on the CFIDS Foundation theory...

Sandman00747

I stumbled onto this site quite by accident. The CFIDS foundation has a theory that this disease is caused by chronic low level radiation poisoning. For whatever reason I have never before read anything about this as I always

assumed my onset suggested a viral cause. I would like to hear anyone else's thoughts on this theory as I know many of you will have researched this or at least seen it. Even if you haven't I would like to read about your

thoughts. Does anyone think this theory has any validity? I don't know what to think! I saw Hip's thread on cell towers and possible illness, which got me interested, but I think these researchers are suggesting much more than microwave radiation. Thank you in advance! Here's the site I stumbled onto if you are interested.

http://www.ncf-net.org/presidents-messages.htm

Last edited:

Skippa

Anti-BS
What is meant by "CFS is a slow progression to cancer"?

Are they suggesting that all PWC eventually develop cancer?

Sandman00747

It appears they do believe what you stated @Skippa. I was quite shocked to find those pages! If one lived close to Fukushima, Chernobyl, or Three Mile Island then maybe it would make more sense. But I can't begin to believe they think all ME/CFS people are victims of low level radiation poisoning! I hate it when I find stuff like

this on the net. I believe they are also suggesting that all of us PWC are more susceptible(sensitive) to radiation poisoning than other people are. I will say that I believe we haven't been told the whole truth about any of those disasters, especially Fukushima. But I think their supposition is outlandish! I need to spend more time away from the computer!

Last edited: