• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyones doctor have them fill out alot paperwork each visit?on pain medications

hurtingallthetimet

hello i really like my doctor very knowledgeable and helped me alot..i was put on low dose morphine and also already on vicodine..,

each visit though im given a whole lot of paperwork always asking same quesstions i guess because im on the morphine...i dread it because its stressful enough going and then if have to sit but all that paperwork and it has to be done by not hubby cant do it...

wondering why they do this??its hard hand hurts head hurts..etc..etc...

Ocean

Maybe to protect the doctor, since they are under a lot of pressure with government regulations regarding pain meds. He may want to have evidence showing he's giving it to you for legitimate conditions, something like that maybe. You could tell him it hurts your hand and head and ask what accommodations he can make for you.

taniaaust1

I cant see why hubby couldnt fill out your answers for you.. and just leave it for you to sign if it needs signing. It shouldnt matter as long as the answers are yours.

hurtingallthetimet

ocean your probably right..it ask alot of questions always the same...such as do i give anyone else my pain medications? do i take others pain medications etc..etc..etc...i had to start filling them out after the morphine was prescribed and i understand the doctors have to follow the guidelines or whatever and have people fill them out its just theres so many questions..

taniannaust they said i have to be the one to fill them out...i guess its becuase its morphine..but was wondering if anyone elses doctors does this..alot of paperwork...and tiring...but i see others have to fill it too and i know they are sick also or they wouldnt be there..

august59 thats good that you only have to do it once a year...i see doctor every 3 months so im not doing it monthly at least...