• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Tried Allicin?

JBB

Allicin is a very concentrated extract of Garlic. It is supposedly a potent alternative to anti-biotics and also has anti-viral and of course anti-bacterial properties.

Therefore if it can really do this it would be very useful against Lyme and co infections and also any chronic viral infections we have.

A nutritionist I saw recommended it to me. On further research I found this site:

http://cfsallicin.wordpress.com/

but not much else.

Have any of you guys tried this?
Any details...how long you took it...did it help...much appreciated. :)

Best wishes,

J

xrunner

Yes same brand very high dosages but it did not help a bit neither with lyme nor viral nor parasites.

john66

I have tried it with no results. It was a compete waste of money for me.

JBB

Hmm, thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate hearing your experiences.

@maryb you got a herx...couldn't that be a sign that it was doing something? Could you take much smaller doses?

Maybe you have another reason for thinking that it wasn't doing anything / stopping.

Best wishes,

J

maryb

iherb code TAK122
it also made me feel sick - I don't do herx - yes it may be doing something but I stay away from anything that affects me a lot, don't get me wrong I know we sometimes have to feel a bit worse before we improve but I sort of 'get' when my body reacts violently.

JBB

Yeh I see, I get what you mean :). Some things just aren't helpful! Thanks for your reply.

Best wishes,

J