• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone know what dose of sublingual methyl-B12 Nancy Klimas recommends?

greeneagledown

From doing some research online, I know Klimas is a big fan of sublingual methyl-B12, but I haven't been able to find what dosage she recommends.

Thanks in advance.

greeneagledown

I think that can't be the case, or else Klimas wouldn't recommend it. I think she recommends sublingual even over injections.

xks201

I think that can't be the case, or else Klimas wouldn't recommend it. I think she recommends sublingual even over injections.
There are a lot of ignorant doctors out there. Most doctors or people for that matter don't consider the molecular weight of something if it is sold and pushed on the public by nutrition companies. I'm talking science here, not what some doctor says. Like I said some is inevitably swallowed so it is not like none of it is being absorbed. The doses on the sublingual forms are 1000%s of percent for a reason. Anything below that and the customer wouldn't notice anything lol. Just about every doctor I have met (even university doctor) has said at least one thing to me that turned out to be completely wrong when I went home and looked it up on pubmed. For example one doctor told me androgens increase thyroid binding globulin. They do just the opposite. He was prescribing extra thyroid to his patients taking prescription testosterone and doing this basically out of total ignorance. And I know this is also true because my labs reflected it. That was just one example. Another university endocrinologist told me dexamethasone had more mineralcorticoid activity than hydrocortisone. Looked it up and showed him the results - definitely not true. He didn't even want to admit he was wrong when I showed him the data. Their egos prevent them from stating they were wrong as well as malpractice suit threats.

I know you said you don't believe it because you said some doctor uses sublingual b12 but here I have a research doctor saying it doesn't work. lol

maddietod

I see Dr Rey, who works with Dr. Klimas. She told me to get my B12 level up, but didn't say anything about how to do it. Just to increase the amount I was taking.

So I'm not convinced that Dr. Klimas recommends sublingual delivery, or any specific amount. The amount would depend on your labs and the dose you're already taking.