Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone have pos or neg effects from a magnesium supplement on mcs/mcas?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by impossible, Feb 16, 2018.

1. impossible

impossible

I haven't tried a magnesium supplement in a few years. My doctor just recomended that I try it, but im a bit hesitant. I'm now one of those hypersensitive types (i have pretty severe mcas, REALLY bad in the gut) and it seems like, from my research on how certain minerals can activate trp's and the pi3k pathway (which i do extremely well on supplements that inhibit it), magnesium might activate things and make my chemical sensitivities worse. Or, it could displace calcium and make things better. I can usually get an accurate idea of how i'll respond to something by digging through studies and such, but the waters are pretty murky on this one.

So, anyone have any substantial experience either way? If so, any other pertinent details would be appreciated.

2. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    I inject magnesiumsulphat twice a week (100mg) subcutanous which is really helpful. I can't tolerate it orally

zzz likes this.
  3. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    I have MCAS and have taken magnesium for years with no issues, though I react to other things.

It does come in cream form for application to skin if you think that might be better.

zzz likes this.
  4. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    Oh sorry I didn't read that you asked for the effects on MCAS. I don't have MCAS (I believe) but it helped with energy

See more popular forum discussions.