Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone has vision just like when you're drunk?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by bostjan01, Feb 15, 2018.

1. 1gooddog

1gooddog Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, WA

2. 1gooddog

1gooddog Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, WA
    Thank you for your input. I do not take antipsychotics.

Within the past year a neuro ophthal was able to detect the fine twitching in my left eye which is the worst. Occasionally my right eye joins the party.

I find that during periods where I have gone into remission, everything gets better, not 100% anymore, just better. But the periods of remission are shorter and less complete.

I know my eye muscles are fatigued. I use my eyes a lot since I spend so much time in bed. By the end of most days I am seeing double and then I take Ativan. When my heart is fatigued I take Ativan. I can go for weeks without taking any, but when things are especially bad and I have these issues, I use it as a muscle relaxer and it works.

My research on phages led me to monocytes and cytokines.
    https://translational-medicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12967-017-1371-9

Other readings I have bookmarked: Dr. Charles Shepherd, medical adviser to the ME medical assoc in UK. A very interesting article in the Telegraph concerning high time doctors apologized to ME/CFS patients. He is the doc who came up with disability scale based on MS scale.

Kaiser Permanente still believes in gentle exercise for CFS. Dr Shepherd says the Pace trials have proved ineffective.

Good luck and get a med card from your doc re the dizziness and stumbling, just to show the cops. OR, don't get pulled over. lol

percyval577 likes this.
  3. 1gooddog

1gooddog Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, WA

4. 1gooddog

1gooddog Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, WA
    Going through a grocery store, scanning shelves and turning is one of the worst things i can do to eyes and body. All systems shut down from what i call sensory overload. All of my senses are hypersensitive. Eyes, ears, skin, temperature. Brain. Others think I am a 70 yr old big baby. Causes me to want to avoid others.
    I had forgotten yesterday' research into mast cells and cytokines.
    There is so much to learn and study about this disorder. Patient input is vital.
    In the 1950s psyches joined the medical act and declared it all psychosis - without interviewing any patients.
    Go figure.

5. percyval577

percyval577 Knight

Schooljaar
    Though I experienced different symptoms, including lacks of sharpness, awareness and depth when looking,
    all actual symptoms may going to vanish at once now and then.
    "So it must be..." well, now I experinced a lack of imagination, including a lack being interested in details.
    "Well, this can be helped." so I got to some antipsychotics, but I took only one and will never again,
    stumbling around, running against strong opinions, being a ... but next time I will write down all that nonsence.

But well, aside with nonsence, imagination, and even phantasy,
    the brain is such a complex entity that one should better refute to have such a thing, especially when being a doctor.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. 1gooddog

1gooddog Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, WA
    Ummm, ok.

percyval577 likes this.
  7. percyval577

percyval577 Knight

Schooljaar
    I know since long that my left eye is stronger than my right one. But then as well, I can not catch up with peolple whose e├Żes are realy pointing out in different directions. I never came to any point to ask them how it might be, but would never forget as well - probably because being ill myself since very long.
    I only look like being ... somehow ... and indeed I can not focus well, I even cannot answer well, I even can not walk sometimes with confidence, I cannot concentrate well (but most time good enough for being recognized well enough).

Indeed, I think me/cfs will not be of severe damage, and could it be removed, there wont be any damage left. - Well, there shall be obviously some different causes for a dizzy. - But as it is not known for being able to get removed, it can be enough to look at eternity easily (which is not understood by most persons as it seems).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018

See more popular forum discussions.