• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone had the retching with exhaustion symptom

rosie26

Has anyone experienced the retching with exhaustion symptom, weak, unable to eat except for nibbling and sipping every 20mins or so ! I have had ME for 11 years and only experienced this once or twice in the first two years of my illness. But last year I had it about 6 times waking up in the morning retching. It would take me about 2 weeks to pick up again. It was so worrying and I got very fretful that I was going back down to severe ME again. I just about was ready to give up. Fortunately, I caught a programme on TV and heard of a product called D Ribose and it has stopped the nausea and has given me a wee bit more energy. Too scared to stop taking it now !
I haven't heard a lot of talk about this symptom, nausea yes but not the retching and retching part of it. I think I have experienced just about every other ghastly( if you can think of another word worse than ghastly , use that one here instead ! :) ! symptom of ME.
Anyone had similar experience. ?

Enid

Yes I did for a while rosie26 - I thought to do with GI motobility or lack of (even enteroviruses) as no real reflux emerged. Can't say how it resolved except pressing on with the recommended supps and simple diet. Also Amoxicillan to treat another condition worked wonders in the GI tract. Glad you have found something to aid you.

ukxmrv

I have nausea to the point of throwing up most mornings. If I drink water too quickly that brings it on and also even the smell of cooked food. Luckily if I eat something simple and drink slowly I get past it. It passes by noon. My guess has been that it was a low morning cortisol.

rosie26

Thanks Enid and ukxmrv for your comments. I had been under a lot of stress last year with Mother ill (she's fine now), menopause began with on/off again periods and then a 14 year relationship ended with some people I thought the world of, due to misunderstanding, ( they just didn't know how unwell I was). That was deeply affecting.
I might read up about the cortisol ukxmrv.
Would like to hear of any others who have had this problem as well, I really hope it doesn't come back on me again.

xchocoholic

I only do this when I have an infection, either parasites or bad bacteria, like h pylori. My kidney infections
always do this to me. These were dx via urine test.

Have been ckecked via
your stool for parasites ? From what I heard, Cdsas from reputable companies like metametrix work best.

You can always just try treating this with supplements, etc yourself tho. I see an integrative dctor who gave
me drugs for a serious infection so I'm not sure how well otc meds or supplements would work. Even certain foods
reportedly can kill parasites.

Hope u feel better soon. Tc .. X

rosie26

Hi xchocoholic, didn't think of the parasite or h pylori, Will keep in mind and get checked if it starts up again. What does Cdsas mean? and what is an 'integrative' doctor?