August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else have elevated CRP and ESR?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by crypt0cu1t, May 24, 2018.

1. crypt0cu1t

crypt0cu1t IG: @skagginwagon

California
    Does anyone else have an elevated ESR and CRP? I also have elevated Acetylcholine receptor binding antibodies and salivary protein 1 antibodies.

I have my first followup with Dr. Chheda today and I am wondering what questions I should be asking about these results.

alkt likes this.
  2. used_to_race

used_to_race

Southern California
    I would imagine you'd want to see an experienced rheumatologist and immunologist. Would be good to get a full autoimmune workup, including ASCA, ANCA, anti-CCP, ANA 12+, and whatever else. The immunologist could look at your T cells and B cells and try to get an indication of where the elevations are coming from. Ask Dr. Chheda what she suggests. I'd be interested to know whether she thinks this could be a T-cell or B-cell mediated process and what that means for possible treatment (IVIG, Photopheresis, Rituximab, etc).

The salivary antibodies could mean you have a rare form of Sjogren's.

crypt0cu1t and alkt like this.
  3. Runner5

Runner5 Senior Member

PNW
    Yeah I have that - but I'm not sure what it means. My doctor thinks I have fibro and/ or an auto-immune thing. I had more blood tested today, and EKG and a quick blood sugar test. I didn't go to a CFS doc though, I just went into the only general practitioner that has an opening in my area and said, 'help' but she's bee awesome sauce so far.

crypt0cu1t and alkt like this.
  4. crypt0cu1t

crypt0cu1t IG: @skagginwagon

California
    Hmm, interesting
    Dr. Chheda says that I definitely have something autoimmune going on, but she believes that there is a specific cause to it.

See more popular forum discussions.