• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else experience weight gain from TMG?

bigmillz

It's helping a lot, but I've already put on 5 pounds in just over a week lol. Anyone else? When does it plateau?

dannybex

I've been taking the stuff for years and have lost muscle and weight, so much so that I can barely walk. I can't imagine how it could cause weight gain, especially that much in just one week.

Is there anything else you added or changed during that period? What else are you taking in relation to the TMG?

bigmillz

I've been taking the stuff for years and have lost muscle and weight, so much so that I can barely walk. I can't imagine how it could cause weight gain, especially that much in just one week.

Is there anything else you added or changed during that period? What else are you taking in relation to the TMG?

I did find one product review online where a lady said she gained a bunch on it. I've also seen bodybuilders take interest in it, makes me wonder if I'm gaining some muscle (my thighs and calfs have become noticeably larger too). I do bike a lot, but struggle to put on weight normally.

I did have a recent weekend at a friend's house where I gorged on some food, and I've been eating some salty plantain chips lately, but that's about it. Normally this isn't an issue - I gained about 2 lbs during Christmas lol.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since quitting drinking years ago, I've struggled to keep my weight above "underweight" for my height.

dannybex

Interesting. There must be other things that we're doing differently, as all these supps interact, and may be playing a factor, especially since TMG is involved indirectly with methylation.

Stupid question perhaps, but do you have ME/CFS? Or did you have it, but you're recovering nicely? That's great you can exercise.

bigmillz

Interesting. There must be other things that we're doing differently, as all these supps interact, and may be playing a factor, especially since TMG is involved indirectly with methylation.

Stupid question perhaps, but do you have ME/CFS? Or did you have it, but you're recovering nicely? That's great you can exercise.

I've always had issues with fatigue. A recent 23andme test led me here, and I've been making some great progress. It's also led me to find some food allergies that I need to address as well. Really excited at the outlook right now you could say :)