• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody take ovomucoids (quail eggs) for mast cells issues

I received a sample product in the mail today that contains ovomucoids. I am not sure if it is against forum rules to say the specific name of the product

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with a product that contained ovomucoids for mast cells.

Supposedly it works as a trytase inhibitor and works as a mast cell stabilizer.

Does anyone know if it is against forum rules to post a link to a product or give the name of a product?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its not against the rules unless you are trying to sell it to members.. If you are a patient trying to help others - no problem with links. Its always difficult when people are new and post links to products straight away.

Gingergrrl

Egg whites are highly allergenic in MCAS but egg yolks can be okay. I would be naturally skeptical of the product but don't know what it is so cannot comment!

Gingergrrl

Supposedly it works as a trytase inhibitor and works as a mast cell stabilizer.

I looked at the link and it is talking about trypsin (not tryptase) and seems to be all over the map with what it is proposing but I lack the science to say beyond that!