• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody on Long term Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate ?

raghav

Is anybody here on long term Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate ? I used P5P 50 mg Country LIfe and it gave an excellent increase in energy for 2 days. Then the energy vanished I am also taking B-50 Now Foods capsule once a day. I tried taking Riboflavin (B2) 100 mg on two days with P5P but the energy did not increase. I am definitely responding to P5P. Do I need to add any other supplement to this ? I am also applying Magnesium oil from LifeFlo (200 mg per day).

Mary

Moderator Resource
@raghav - I responded very well to P-5-P also. Nutreval testing showed I had a severe deficiency. At one time I had to take 150 mg. a day, and now take 100 mg. (50 each with breakfast and lunch - at night it causes insomnia for me).

I don't know the answer to your question and why it stopped helping you. Just throwing this out there, but you might be better off with a different B complex. Jarrow makes a good one called B-Right optimized B complex. It has folate instead of folic acid and methylcobalamin instead of cyanocobalamin.

Would it be possible for you to get Nutreval testing done? It could help pinpoint your deficiencies and what you don't need.

Also, maybe you need more P-5-P. You might try increasing your dose and see if it helps.

I did need more thiamine - I now take 100 mg. thiamine and 150 mg. benfotiamine a day and that boosted my energy as well, plus I take the Jarrow B Right, plus the P-5-P, plus 5000 mcg. liquid methylcobalamin 2 x a day, plus 1600 mcg. methylfolate.

There may be cofactors needed for the P-5-P but am afraid I don't know what they are.

raghav

@Mary Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Jarrow B-Right But it caused uneasiness and made me spacey. So i reverted back to Now Foods B-50. What is the cost of Nutreval Test ?

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Jarrow B-Right But it caused uneasiness and made me spacey. So i reverted back to Foods B-50. What is the cost of Nutreval Test ?

I think it's around $2,000 (!) but I believe if you pay cash it's less. Here's their website: https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

It says they won't discuss the cost with patients and your doctor would have to contact them to get a price. It's pricey - I was very fortunate that Medicare paid for the testing.

Maybe do a post asking if anyone knows about the cost of Nutreval testing - it's not something I've dealt with directly.