• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody Here Know the Tarot?

leela

DB,

My hit on the triad:

The cards on either side tell of pathogenic organisms. You are deep in a process of cleansing, and it's not easy or comfortable, but you are totally in it--it is not a half-hearted attempt, and you are divinely guided.

You (as the central figure) are sandwiched between two manifestations of a heavy force (the number eight rules Saturn) both with tendencies
to be malefic, both coming at you from different directions. But you are surrounded by protective forces. Where you dwell within yourself is both pure and purifying.

I see the two outer cards (the pathogen ones) representing teeth on the left, and bone marrow on the right.
Bacteria+teeth, virus+marrow.

These two cards as manifestations of Saturn are keeping you isolated from the rest of the world--
so you can heal. Both their position in the reading and the hexagrams asoociated with them show fortifed perifery and a safe space for you within.

:hug:

maddietod

Here's the cards I pulled yesterday.
I have a feeling for the STAR, but have no idea how to look at them all together, a strange mix.

View attachment 6374

I've never seen the 8 of cups read as failure, so I'm going to hedge that a little bit. I see many emotional choices, some spilled (tipped) but most upright and none shattered. So perhaps pulled in a bewildering number of directions, emotionally. Unable to choose, or having trouble locating your own deepest emotional truths. Star is in water (and visible only at night) - emotions again. You get through that emotional confusion, feel 'rinsed' and maybe even purified in some way; ready to heal whatever that is/was. I assume that the stones = discs/pentacles/earth.....you move into certainty and groundedness, perhaps feeling a sense of renewed purpose and connection.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
DB,

My hit on the triad:

The cards on either side tell of pathogenic organisms. You are deep in a process of cleansing, and it's not easy or comfortable, but you are totally in it--it is not a half-hearted attempt, and you are divinely guided.

You (as the central figure) are sandwiched between two manifestations of a heavy force (the number eight rules Saturn) both with tendencies
to be malefic, both coming at you from different directions. But you are surrounded by protective forces. Where you dwell within yourself is both pure and purifying.

I see the two outer cards (the pathogen ones) representing teeth on the left, and bone marrow on the right.
Bacteria+teeth, virus+marrow.

These two cards as manifestations of Saturn are keeping you isolated from the rest of the world--
so you can heal. Both their position in the reading and the hexagrams asoociated with them show fortifed perifery and a safe space for you within.

:hug:

WOW! This sounds very true. I have been feeling some major discomfort as the traumatized flesh around my extracted tooth heals. Trying to keep it clean is a chore, as it irritates the sesitive gum and causes more pain. But not cleaning it well creates a funky infection-like smell... so I have no choice.

I do sense a strong protective energy, like the Star woman card, and that is a comfort.

If I could only go to sleep until it was all better. Wake me up in 3 or 4 more days.......

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allie--

I am currently in hell. Nothing but agony right now. Is there a card for that?

okay.... I just pulled TEmperance, the Tower and the Empress.

BAck to my bed now.

jenbooks

DB what is going on? Is it the eye?
I would stop the methylation supplements. Just because there is a belief they do nothing but good...I'm not convinced this is always or even often the case...

Dreambirdie

work in progress
JB--

Good idea. I will stop them... for now at least.

I feel viral--fluish, so chilled I can't get warm, and very toxic on top of it, like I do when I have heavy metal detox, which means really wired, pressure in frontal head and really bad sleep, worse than usual, and of course there is the eye on top of it, which I just don't even care about anymore. When you feel this bad, who cares about eyes. I just want bed and darkness.

jenbooks

Stop the methylation, you felt this horrible last time you did it and metal dumped.

For some of us, we have to let the metals come out by the simplest methods--like sauna, glutathione, etc. We can't push it. We are completely unable to handle redistribution or a dump.

Wishing you feel better soon.

maddietod

DB, I'm so sorry you're going through this! Please post as soon as you get some improvement.

Madie xo

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Madie and Allyann--

I feel a little better today. I think JB was right on the money when she suggested it could have been the methylation supps that were making me feel so horrible. I stopped them yesterday, and began taking a Chinese herbal prescription to assist elimination of toxins. I already feel some improvement.

I still need a lot of rest, so I won't be on the computer much today.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I appreciate them a lot. :hug:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allie--

You were right. I am feeling considerably better today.

After 2 days off the methylation supp's, and on my herbal prescription, my energy is back to where it was before and my brain feels a whole lot better.

I wish it was always this easy to find answers to the nasty setbacks we often incur.

What about you? How is your pregnancy going?

maj03.jpg

allyann

Hi DM, glad to hear you are feeling better.

I am struggling with the boom and bust cycle myself at the moment as I feel so much better in the head I don't see the signs of a crash coming until it is too late.

Baby is going really well thou, 33 weeks now and kicking heaps.

Allie

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allyann--

Yes, that darnnnn boom and bust cycle. I wish there was a gas gauge on my body somewhere, so I could know for sure just how much energy I had BEFORE I expended too much.

Glad to hear the baby is going well. Do you know the sex yet... or are you going to have it be a surprise?

AND, what cards are you pulling lately? I haven't heard one from you in a while.

jenbooks

For the last six weeks, I had root scaling done on all four quadrants of my mouth. This required, every 10 days or so, having huge amounts of local anesthesia, not just carbocaine shots, but goop, stuff shot up into my gums, and gum "air shots" whatever those are, along with deep scaling under the gums of the roots. It has really been tough on me. The last two times I got really bad migraines, that lasted several days, throwing up etc (afterwards). I am still suffering from one last night. They leave me really weak.

It is always scary--one is doing much better, but the system has no resilience for what other people handle well. I also took 2 grams of amoxicillin before each scaling to protect me, and so that added another load to my system.

I'm glad I did it and am now brushing/flossing/gum brushing and hydroflossing twice a day. It is somewhat due to lyme, developing teeth and gum problems, but just as much to "benign neglect", where I just brushed and flossed once a day, and the latter not even the proper way really.

But anyway. I feel really bad, after feeling pretty damn good (before the scaling, and local allergies to ragweed, all at the same time).

I will recover hopefully, but who knows what else might come along-----that is what is scary. Traditional medicine has lots of pitfalls for us.

allyann

Hi Allyann--

Yes, that darnnnn boom and bust cycle. I wish there was a gas gauge on my body somewhere, so I could know for sure just how much energy I had BEFORE I expended too much.

Glad to hear the baby is going well. Do you know the sex yet... or are you going to have it be a surprise?

AND, what cards are you pulling lately? I haven't heard one from you in a while.

Hi DB,

We decided to go for the surprise, so have no idea. My husband right from day dot has said it is a girl. He has a 50% chance of being right!!!

I am struggling a lot with intuition at the moment so haven't been consulting the tarot very much. Today I pulled the King of Swords from the Llewellyn deck:

scan0005.jpg

Thinking it is telling me to keep being brave, and hang in there...

Allie

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allie--

Ah yes... having a surprise at birth seems like a good choice to me.

I haven't been using the Tarot much lately either. I felt very fuzzed out and short-circuited for several weeks, but now my intuition is a bit clearer. It's harder to trust my intuition when my brain is in turmoil. I tend to second guess myself too much then.

As for the King of Swords... what a solid powerful masculine energy in that card. When I see swords, I think of the AIR element--clarity, discrimination and judgement based in good reasoning. Maybe that is where courage comes from.