• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody Here Know the Tarot?

allyann

Mind is not as clear today. Trying to work out what the fool is telling me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317939691.807749.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317939691.807749.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 12

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Allie--

I am very fond of the Fool, and see it as being in a mind space where one has the willingness to not know, beginner's mind as the Zen folks call it.

There is also a comedic energy I see in the Fool, a willingness to be vulnerable and foolish, that takes one out of ego self-consciousness.

Does that ring any bells for you?

Nielk

Good reading Dreambirdie!

Yet, he/she is clueless of the danger in standing at the edge of the cliff.
To me, it portrays pure innocence. Enjoying life regardless of the dangers looming. Just being oneself without a care.

allyann

Thanks Dreambirdie,

The beginners mind does make sense. Feels like I'm starting afresh with no preconceptions. Mind is fairly blank if this makes any sense.

I think your second observation makes sense as I have been hiding away during this pregnancy and the fun, smart arse self has also been quiet. I think it is time for my alter ego to stop hibernating within and to have some fun. Need to live life a bit.

Watched a really good documentary on Patrick Swayze's life where they takes about him living with Pancreatic cancer rather than suffering with it. Think there is a distinction in that you can choose to live within an illness or choose to live in spite of it.

allyann

Good reading Dreambirdie!

Yet, he/she is clueless of the danger in standing at the edge of the cliff.
To me, it portrays pure innocence. Enjoying life regardless of the dangers looming. Just being oneself without a care.

A big YES YES YES rang out in my head. Thank you!

leela

@Allie
The hit I got was to bring some of your energy in and down, more grounded and a little less expansive for now.
Maybe baby needs more of your energy concentrated within rather than without.

Maybe that's a reading for me :)

@DB
How're you doing today? Hope you're doing well.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
@DB How're you doing today? Hope you're doing well.

Hi Leela, thanks for asking.

I'm not exactly well, but I am better. The pain has greatly subsided, but I still have a lot of swelling and achey-ness in my jaw. And of course I can't eat anything that's not total mush, and most food feels very uncomfortable in mouth.

My main concern is keeping all infections at bay. I am not willing to take antibiotics, so I am doing a lot of salt water rinses and taking some anti-bacterial herbs.

I pulled the STRENGTH card today, which makes sense, as this experience has put me in a place of needing to remember and draw on my inner strength in the form of self-love and patience.

strength.jpg

allyann

Thanks leela, I will keep that in mind. That may be paticularly telling me not to use all my new found energy running around. Says she who has just washed all the baby clothes and been to the shops with my Mum and Dad to get a few things..... :hug:

allyann

Dreambirdie, glad to hear your pain is subsiding. I had all four out when I was in my early 20 and I can still remember the pain and swollen jaw.

I have always found salt water better than any anti-bacterial wash.

Also white fish cooked right through is easy to eat as you can break it down into little pieces and suck on it. Great for when you are sick of chicken soup.

take care,

Allie

allyann

leela. You were more right than you know. Suffered a major crash yesterday. Pushed myself to go shopping with my hubby and nearly collapsed in the store. By the time I got to the car I was a blabbering mess. Been in absolute agony ever since.

leela

Oh, so sorry to hear that Allie. Here is one case where I would love to have proved way off mark!
Take good care of yourself! Rest up and conserve your energies for baby-love :)

allyann

Thanks heaps guys. Your support means so much. Feeling better today. Interesting that even thou I've crashed I don't have brain fog, just pain and muscle weakness. Will blog about it later today.

I got the Emperor today. What card did you get?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318200836.708601.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318200836.708601.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Whenever I see the Emperor, I get a sense of virility and competence. He's an Alpha male, a solid energy that knows how to get the job done.
The question is how do you channel that kind of male energy through a sensitive and fragile body? Any ideas?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Here's the cards I pulled yesterday.
I have a feeling for the STAR, but have no idea how to look at them all together, a strange mix.

Tarot October 9.jpg

allyann

i see this mix as you are seeing something as a failure but failing to take into account the knowledge or lessons that have been learnt during the process. The Sun is reminding you that there is light shining through every difficulty, we only need to look deeper for the knowledge that can be gained.

How are you feeling?

allyann

Whenever I see the Emperor, I get a sense of virility and competence. He's an Alpha male, a solid energy that knows how to get the job done.
The question is how do you channel that kind of male energy through a sensitive and fragile body? Any ideas?

Thanks Dreambirdie, I think it maybe it is pointing me to my husband who has these qualities. He has been a godsend over the last couple of days, and I have been able to lean on him heavily.

Nielk

I look at it that at first you ere in the dark about something - either didn't know it or misunderstood it.
Then a light of truth shone on you and opened up your mind to see the knowledge that was in front of you the whole time. You just didn't see it before.