• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

any studies coming up relating to brain function?

Aerose91

I would be really anxious to get involved in a test like this that will be studying the brain function of ME patients due to my level of brain dysfunction and severity of my SPECT scan. I believe I would be a good candidate.

If anyone knows about any coming up I would love to know. Thank you.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Dr. Baraniuk at Georgetown University was recruiting for a study using fMRI ,but I'm not sure if it is still recruiting though. I was suppose to make the trip last September, but I was derailed by my brothers degenerating condition. I'm waiting to see if they are still interested or if it has concluded.

It is a pretty intense study with extensive blood work and fMRI's before and after a 2 day exercise test. I believe testing the spinal fluid is also involved as well.

https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/baraniuklab/ongoing-studies

Aerose91

Thank you, August. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. We all here understand chronic disease too well so I sympathize.