• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any post-Amalgam removal success stories?

Has anyone with CFS gotten better after chelating? I would love to hear success stories. I am suffering from moderate to severe CFS and Fibro that I suspect was brought upon by new amalgam fillings.

If you do feel better, did you follow the Cutler chelation protocol precisely? If you feel better and didn't follow Cutler's protocol, how did you go about chelation?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should invest in amalgam removal by a holistic dentist following the Huggins protocol. My husband doesn't want me to get worse than I already am.

I hope to hear from you!

One more thing - I know myself and I won't be able to follow Cutler's strict protocol. Has anyone gotten better without getting up in the middle of the night to take ALA?

Johnmac

I've done 2 years or so of Cutler, but haven't noticed energy benefits. There have been other gains though.

Others have had improved CFS.

I chelate two-hourly through the night, & have never found it too onerous. I'm asleep again in a minute or two.

If you find a dentist who practises the IAOMT Protocol you shouldn't be exposed to too much mercury when getting your amalgams out - which is always a great idea, on the Precautionary Principle alone.