• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Canadians Successfully Approved for ODSP and Disability Tax Credit?

taroki

I was wondering if any fellow Canadians here have successfully been approved for ODSP or Disability Tax Credit? For the DTC, I heard you might denied if you don't have certain "keywords" on the form? Not sure if it is true or not.

I've got documentation for Fibromyalgia, ADHD and Bipolar diagnosis, but I am wondering if that is enough. I have anxiety issues and getting denied (after having insurance companies successfully screw me over) might send me into deep depression again.

globalpilot

I have a lot of experience with both insurance and the DTC and CPP. I dont have any experience with ODSP.
My insurance company tried to screw me over but I eventually won. They really do try to take advantage of those that are weakened.
I can give you some names that might help if you PM me.

Daffodil

hello. I got ODSP on my first try. At the time, I also had diagnoses of CFS and bipolar. I wrote a huge letter with my story and symptoms.

I think I got the disability tax credit once years ago because I had a psychiatrist at that time, who filled out the forms and really laid it on thick. Never was able to get that again...if my memory serves, which it often does not!