• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any advice? Methylation stopped working.

LisaGoddard

HIi,
I've been on the simplified methylation protocol for over six months and experienced great improvement in my inflammtion symptoms but needed to take LOTS of potassium daily. Then a week ago, the inflammation returned and I stopped needing any potassium whatsoever even though I am still taking the folate and methylb12. Also I got some very sore ulcers on my tongue. Anyone with a similar experience or advice?
I have changed my Methyb12 bottle incase the last one was degraded. Still no response. Just can't think what might be the block?
Thanks,
Lisa

Crux

LisaGoddard;

Hi Lisa,
A first guess could be that more MB12 and or folate is needed.
Another guess is that if it's not too little, maybe it's too much. ( I only write this because, my mouth sores worsened when I took too much folate,though many people's cankers improve with added folate.) Mine improved when I increased B12.
The fact that you stopped needing potassium does seem like more may be needed. ( Personally, I would try more MB12 first, as a guess.)

dbkita

Did you change how you take it? For example vitamin C will destroy methylfolate in the gut before it can be absorbed.
On the other hand niacin or niacinamide will soak up methyl donors like a sponge.

LisaGoddard

Thanks for the suggestions. I am taking more folate and b12 to see if that is what is needed.
I do take vit c and high vit bs inlcuding b3 but it hasn't interfered before.
I'm feeling a bit better but still no need for potassium.
Thanks again