• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anxiety/nerves, chest flutter when crash

barbc56

Right now I am having this. I see a cardiologist tomorrow, hopefully for a full workup. These things are usually not dangerous but best to be checked out, especially at my age.

Goodluck. It's disconcerting to have this symptom.

I should point out that I have had this happen three times in the past. Twice before this illness.

rosie26

Sometimes anxiety is worse than at other times when crashing. I think it depends on the level of inflammation in the body.

I found the anxiety starts in the body first, not the mind, but then becomes distressing to the mind.

knackers323

Sometimes anxiety is worse than at other times when crashing. I think it depends on the level of inflammation in the body.

I found the anxiety starts in the body first, not the mind, but then becomes distressing to the mind.

What could be causing chronic Inflammation? Could systemic inflammation make you feel hot?

rosie26

What could be causing chronic Inflammation? Could systemic inflammation make you feel hot?

I don't know what is causing the inflammation, except for the PEM. I get a lot of heat with mine, mostly in the head and upper body.

xchocoholic

When people crash or over exert themselves do they get these symptoms of anxiety?

I get this too esp during PEM. Sometimes it's just increased low blood sugar and I just need to eat more frequently that day. And sometimes I need to take a tiny bit (.025 ?) mg of Klonopin to stop it.

fwiw, I started using dye free dex4 last year for low blood sugar and it reaches my brain quicker than anything else I've tried. Sometimes 2 works but at other times I need 3.

tc ... x

Aerose91

I'm having this right now. I didn't even know I over exerted but have been hit with more anxiety than I have in a long, long time. However, any time I overexert it brings me further into psychosis and that is always permenant, the anxiety now just making it that much worse. It's been a couple weeks with no signs of let up. Every time I've had a PEM episode the effects have been permenant, even just the slightest decrease