• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals help extreme fatigue?

Clerner

Will antivirals (the right one) help with overwhelming exhaustion? This is what I am scared about. If it does help, about how long did it take to get your energy back? Thanks in advance for the info.

SOC

Will antivirals (the right one) help with overwhelming exhaustion? This is what I am scared about. If it does help, about how long did it take to get your energy back? Thanks in advance for the info.
For me, antivirals were a huge benefit, but it was more with flu-like and cognitive symptoms than exhaustion. Yes, they helped some, but it took religious pacing, treatment for orthostatic intolerance (OI), and very high dose CoQ10 to make a big dent in overwhelming exhaustion.

None of this happened within days or weeks. Improvement took months and years, picking away at the multitude of symptoms from which PWME suffer.

There are no fast and easy answers with ME/CFS, but substantial improvement is certainly possible.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think a lot depends on how long you've been sick.

I did not get much back from antivirals. Maybe a tiny bit improvement in general. I do believe they are preventing me from going down hill faster than I otherwise would.

If I can keep from getting worse, from housebound to bedbound, that'll work for me.

Martial

If you ever want to try herbal anti virals for exhaustion a combination of eletheuro root, and andrographis works quite well. You can even buy the herbs in bulk powder and use tea spoon measurements to save a lot on pre capsuled pills, also cutting out the issue of preservatives.

Clerner

So far I just have high titers of ebv from( last Sept), and still need testing for HHV6 and parvo virus. I assume if it's only EBV it's easier to treat then having other co- viruses. From reading people's experience famvir seems like a good first choice to try?

Never heard of the ebv herbal drops....

Clerner

For me, antivirals were a huge benefit, but it was more with flu-like and cognitive symptoms than exhaustion. Yes, they helped some, but it took religious pacing, treatment for orthostatic intolerance (OI), and very high dose CoQ10 to make a big dent in overwhelming exhaustion.

None of this happened within days or weeks. Improvement took months and years, picking away at the multitude of symptoms from which PWME suffer.

There are no fast and easy answers with ME/CFS, but substantial improvement is certainly possible.

Clerner

Being able to work next year would be great. I am scared i wont be able to. Hope I don't have to keep taking them. But the dr I have yet to see says that in times of stress/flare up , people will need to go on/off them again as needed. Thanks for your reply.

Clerner

If you ever want to try herbal anti virals for exhaustion a combination of eletheuro root, and andrographis works quite well. You can even buy the herbs in bulk powder and use tea spoon measurements to save a lot on pre capsuled pills, also cutting out the issue of preservatives.

Tammy

I'm on a protocol right now against the EBV virus and am seeing some improvement. I'm only taking natural anti-virals right now along with some other supps. If you are interested I would be happy to share.

Clerner

Thats good news. Yes, please share...is the ebv virus the only one you have? Please tell me your natural anti virals and supplements. Thanks!