• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antioxidants in the body besides Glutathione

ebethc

I can't tolerate Glutathione at all... I had a bad reaction to a Glutathione IV and Liposomal Glutathione (chills, upset stomach, severe aches)... I don't think it was a detox reaction because I didn't feel any better after my symptoms went away. I definitely need to improve the antioxidants in my body because I get sick all the time, and have a hard time getting better.

What are the other main antioxidants in my body, and how do I improve their effectiveness?

thanks!

PeterPositive

Here's a quick recap of vitamins and minerals with antioxidant properties:

Schermata 2014-07-15 alle 10.43.53.png

Full details here:
http://dairy.ifas.ufl.edu/rns/2007/McDowell.pdf

cheers

PeterPositive

I should add that vitamins in the B complex have also antioxidant effects, such as B12 and Folate.

Last edited:
I am surprised nobody mentioned Retinol. If you take it you might want to consider your vit d status, especially if you get sick often. Spectracell micronutrient test tests for both.

ebethc

Humptydumpty - how does Retinol influence Vitamin D?

I take Vitamin A drops (Seeking Health brand) and monitor Vitamin D - which tends to be low for me..

thanks