• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antibodies?

Fuzzyhead

Has anyone tested positive for gastric parietal antibodies?
I got a lot of immunology bloods done last june and this came back positive and high rheumatoid factor. My gp said usually people with this have pernicious anaemia but my vit b12 was high with taking supplements so he said I wasn't. I also take lansporazole which I have for a few years due to excess acid.
I haven't been well for a few months, nausea, fatigue,loose bowels, crying, losing weight, headaches and I know it's not just my m.e symptoms. I got my bloods done last week and my bloods showed high liver enzymes so I got further bloods done which were ok and I am waiting for an ultrasound on my liver.
Since being ill I have looked into these gastric antibodies and it says that usually people can't absorb or utilise vit b12 when they have this and also long term use of ant acids can harm your stomach. I was wondering if by taking the supplements my blood is showing I have high levels of vit b12 but my body isn't using it? And could it cause all my symptoms? Idon't know if that makes sense?