• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antibodies gone crazy

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Ok - that would have been good to include! Whooping cough is usually not too hard a diagnosis to make just based on clinical presentation - it's not a subtle disease generally!

I agree:) I did mention having the symptoms above^

Eeyore

Right - just not in the first several posts until after people had answered - not criticizing, just making the point of why we need to see our own docs and not just come here for advice instead. Among other reasons, even qualified physicians can't examine you online and don't have the whole story. Hence why Dr. Edwards would have thought it looked only like immunity from past infection - you didn't mention symptoms in the first post.

Again not targeted at you, just pointing out how we as ME patients need to do a good job of putting questions in context.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Right - just not in the first several posts until after people had answered - not criticizing, just making the point of why we need to see our own docs and not just come here for advice instead. Among other reasons, even qualified physicians can't examine you online and don't have the whole story. Hence why Dr. Edwards would have thought it looked only like immunity from past infection - you didn't mention symptoms in the first post.

Again not targeted at you, just pointing out how we as ME patients need to do a good job of putting questions in context.

Its because i didnt have symptoms when i posted initially :) It is true what you write about advice from the internet though.