• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antibiotics

Charles555nc

Hi Charles555nc,

The use of hydrogen peroxide in a wound is controversial. Some say it kills cells while others feels it has no negative effects. I've seen some people use deluded (1.5 %) hydrogen peroxide as an irrigant. For people with hypoxic wounds, I use hyperbaric oxygen.
Aquacel Ag is a topical dressing impregnated with ionic silver. On a clean wound, it can be left in place for a week before a dressing change. In wounds with more contamination or debris require more frequent dressing changes. I have no experience with oral silver.

Best,
Gary

Hyperbaric oxygen is awesome stuff...Ive tried it for lyme, didnt help the lyme, but helped my nerves/brain from the effects of lyme.

Any educated guesses about what oral silver form/product brand might work similarly? Im not expecting 100% guarantee or anything- maybe the drug rep that sells the Aquacel might be able to tell you.

I searched and found:
  • AQUACEL® Ag Hydrofiber® Wound Dressing with lonic Silver
Is that a combo of colloidal silver and ionic silver or just ionic silver?

Ive heard a lot of good things about silver, just havent ever found a decent oral silver product. If it does half of what molybdenum does for me, then I might be in better shape soon. Seems like if silver is so awesome as a wound dressing, it might be helpful to use it orally as well?

Your new bestie,
-Charles

Last edited:

Aileen

The problem I have with silver is this: Once you put it in your body, how do you get it out? Silver is not an element that is part of us or that we have mechanisms for breaking down and excreting as far as I am aware.

Daffodil

hi all just wanted to give an update. so after doing better on antibiotics and especially on IV Rocephin (even though I had to stop due to severe side effects), I started to go downhill again. I tried Cowden herbs and then Tindamax but have only gotten worse and worse. Right now, things are intolerable again, especially in the head.

I notice that on my sickest days, the GI symptoms of IBS really act up.

I speak to my doctor on Friday and pray he will put me on something...maybe more regular antibiotics.

thanks
xoxo

Charles555nc

hi all just wanted to give an update. so after doing better on antibiotics and especially on IV Rocephin (even though I had to stop due to severe side effects), I started to go downhill again. I tried Cowden herbs and then Tindamax but have only gotten worse and worse. Right now, things are intolerable again, especially in the head.

I notice that on my sickest days, the GI symptoms of IBS really act up.

I speak to my doctor on Friday and pray he will put me on something...maybe more regular antibiotics.

thanks
xoxo

I couldnt tolerate Isentress until I went on a low fat diet...Burascano also says you cant recover unless you go on low fat, low carbohydrate, high protein diet. Low fat = strips biofilms, starves the disease.

Lean chicken breasts with a nice sauce and fresh fruit isnt so bad, organic gluten free cereal is nice too . Turns out he also recommends organic green tea as well, but decaffeinated.

Powerful herxheimer reactions are a GOOD sign imo, just got to train for them lol.

knackers323

@Charles555nc what infections does glutamine feed and how does it do this? They actually eat it?

Gut bugs, intercellular infections, virus, bacteria?

I've never heard of this. Thanks

Charles555nc

@Charles555nc what infections does glutamine feed and how does it do this? They actually eat it?

Gut bugs, intercellular infections, virus, bacteria?

I've never heard of this. Thanks

Glutamine/Arginine can feed infections, I dont know the exact mechanism, if I had to guess by increasing ammonia in the blood, but at least with herpes viruses, lysine is notorious for helping beat them down and arginine/glutamine makes flare ups worse. The herpes virus family is a huge set of viruses.