• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anti viral treatment for HHRV6, ebv etc..., could they come back after av treatment?

anniekim

Hi,

I admit I am pretty clueless about the theory of treating possible coinfectins such as HHRV6, EBV.

My question is if tests indicate that these virus' could be active and they are treated with anti virals over a long period, is there not a chance they will just come back if the underlying problem is a dysfunctional immune system?

Many thanks in advance

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
yes, but they also could be the things that are making you feel crappy, sometimes the infection could be causing the immune dysfunction or it could be something like xmrv causing the immune dysfunction that lets things like ebv etc reactivate, i suppose what your asking is the million dollar question and maybe also everyone is different. I also think you have to get these viruses down before your immune system will recover enough to stop them from reactivating.I also think that if u have had these infections long term then you probably also have adrenal fatigue to which would require removing the stress ie infection and then giving the adrenals time to recover or even treat the adrenals too, but i think you need to start getting the viruses down first and see how your adrenals react then. Its an illness where you will be chasing your tail alot for along time as there as so many things going wrong at once to sort out and get right as well as treating symptoms as you go. Keep reading threads here and keep throwing questions out and you will learn more and help others learn more too.

i know its frustrating,
Chuck the famvir in and go for it!
cheers!!!

ukxmrv

Yes, they can just keep activating again. I've not had any tests for years (cannot afford them) but the old ones showed that they kept changing their status in the tests.

Fortunately for me, Vatrex is helping a little and I can afford to stay on the generic version. Hopefully I will find other things over time that I can add and afford to take.

XMRV+

anniekim

Yes, they can just keep activating again. I've not had any tests for years (cannot afford them) but the old ones showed that they kept changing their status in the tests.

Fortunately for me, Vatrex is helping a little and I can afford to stay on the generic version. Hopefully I will find other things over time that I can add and afford to take.

XMRV+

Thanks for the replies. Ukxmrv, does that mean you imagine that you will always have to take anti virals as the virus' keep coming back? Thanks

Timaca

I know someone who was very ill for a long time, took valcyte and got well. Last time I talked with him he was staying on valtrex just to keep things under wraps. In my case, we had beaten back the Coxsackie B3 and B4 using oxymatrine, and some stress reactivated it (even though I was still taking the oxymatrine). It is currently being beaten back again. I'm also dealing with other pathogens so my hope is to beat them all back, eventually get a functioning immune system again and then get off all medications. We'll see. Time will tell.

anniekim

I know someone who was very ill for a long time, took valcyte and got well. Last time I talked with him he was staying on valtrex just to keep things under wraps. In my case, we had beaten back the Coxsackie B3 and B4 using oxymatrine, and some stress reactivated it (even though I was still taking the oxymatrine). It is currently being beaten back again. I'm also dealing with other pathogens so my hope is to beat them all back, eventually get a functioning immune system again and then get off all medications. We'll see. Time will tell.

Thanks for sharing that Timaca, very helpful. TImaca, may I ask what oxymatrine you used? Was it equibilarant or just oxymatrine? Thanks

And thanks for your info too Heapsreal

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,

I admit I am pretty clueless about the theory of treating possible coinfectins such as HHRV6, EBV.

My question is if tests indicate that these virus' could be active and they are treated with anti virals over a long period, is there not a chance they will just come back if the underlying problem is a dysfunctional immune system?

Many thanks in advance

One theory held by some doctors is that they will come back until you fix the immune system--by one means or another. I am taking GcMAF for this reason. Also, Nexavir (often given with GcMAF) has been shown, in the lab, to be effective against HHV6, EBV, & CMV. It also, in the lab, prevents new cells from being infected with XMRV. Unfortunately, it is very expensive!

Best,
Sushi

globalpilot

Hi,
How did youdetermine you had coxsackie B3 and B4 ?

GP

undcvr

Another theory out there is that after you hv shut dwn the virus and given your immune system enuf time to heal, there is a chance that the immune system will in time 'wake up' and be able to handle the viruses on its own. This is where I think switching from an AV to LDN wud help since LDN is a Th1 shifter and will awaken the immune system to go after viruses and bacteria.

Either way being on Valcyte long term ( 6 months or longer ) will help you see your CFS clearer. If Valcyte can shut dwn the EBV/HHV6/CMV then you can go about fixing the other dysfunctions that make up your CFS too. This is very impt if you dont want the virus to come back.