• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ampilgen Drug Where To Get It

Hi Guys
My wife has chronic fatigue syndrome me ive read how wonderful the drug Ampligen (Rintatolimod) has been with ME patients as its not FDA approved how can I get my hands on it for her,I live in the UK I heard in Belgium its approved?Do you have to take it IV or can it be taken tablet form?Can it be administrated by the patient of a doctor your help[ would be appreciated.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi Guys
My wife has chronic fatigue syndrome me ive read how wonderful the drug Ampligen (Rintatolimod) has been with ME patients as its not FDA approved how can I get my hands on it for her,I live in the UK I heard in Belgium its approved?Do you have to take it IV or can it be taken tablet form?Can it be administrated by the patient of a doctor your help[ would be appreciated.

Well u need lots of money, more than the average joe can afford. And it needs to be administered IV twice a week for up to a year, no pill form unfortunately. Its very hit and miss if one keeps their gains from it.

Unless u live in the same town where the doctor administers it then theres the cost of moving etc etc. Im unsure of the cost but 20-30K wouldnt suprise me and the improvements may not last?? Maybe some antiviral med in combo with ampligen and also used post ampligen may help keep someones improvements.

Hopefully someone will join in and tell us the cost of ampligen infusions.

good luck,
cheers!!!

vli

If you do it at Derek Enlander's (http://www.enlander.com/ which is where i did it), here're the costs:

PLEASE NOTE these are all costs based on 200mg ampligen per infusion. More people than not (at least while i was doing it) was on the max dose of 400mg.

Per infusion:
$75 for 200mg of ampligen
$120 for infusion/nurse costs
Like heapsreal said, they're given twice a week.
There're 56 weeks in a year, so at that dose the yearly cost is (75 + 120) x 2 x 56 = $21,840 a year. If your wife takes 400mg, the math'd be (150 + 120) x 2 x 56.

note that this doesn't incl. all the baseline testing (and subsequent testing), the former cost me $3900 because i had no insurance with a US company. even tho the lab usually slashes those costs by half if you have no insurance it's still a significant amount, plus of course all the costs heapsreal mentioned regarding relocating to and paying rent for a new place. vli

Sparrowhawk

If you do it at Derek Enlander's (http://www.enlander.com/ which is where i did it), here're the costs:

PLEASE NOTE these are all costs based on 200mg ampligen per infusion. More people than not (at least while i was doing it) was on the max dose of 400mg.

Per infusion:
$75 for 200mg of ampligen
$120 for infusion/nurse costs
Like heapsreal said, they're given twice a week.
There're 56 weeks in a year, so at that dose the yearly cost is (75 + 120) x 2 x 56 = $21,840 a year. If your wife takes 400mg, the math'd be (150 + 120) x 2 x 56.

note that this doesn't incl. all the baseline testing (and subsequent testing), the former cost me $3900 because i had no insurance with a US company. even tho the lab usually slashes those costs by half if you have no insurance it's still a significant amount, plus of course all the costs heapsreal mentioned regarding relocating to and paying rent for a new place. vli

vli can you pls tell us how Ampligen worked for you, or point us to whatever thread you may have where you reported out on that? Thanks in advance.