• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amino Acid / Adderall questions...

I have decided to wean myself off of Adderall. I know my neurotransmitters are all messed up after 5 years of amphetamine use. I want to know if there are specific Amino Acids I should be using to help. I did my 23andme testing and after running it through Nutrahacker, the app says I shouldn't use Taurine or methyl donors. I'm not sure about sulphur. How do I know for sure which Amino Acids I should avoid using based on my 23andme results? I am worried about taking the wrong ones because I had a very bad reaction to Magnesium Glycinate and I read elsewhere that I shouldn't be using Glutamate or Glycine because of it. I also read that glutamate was good for you because glutamine was low in most people. This is all just so confusing. I don't have a lot of help here in Korea with this sort of thing.