• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amazing "Adrenal Fatigue" insights by Jack Kruse - A problem in the brain?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
At the end, some of it is in our heads?
http://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/
Inflammation causes the blood brain barrier to become permeable due to cytokines. The CSF becomes dramatically altered in composition because when the blood brain barrier is permeable it allows the ions to get into the brain to disrupt signaling of the PVN. This is the true source of adrenal fatigue. It is brain signaling problem not an adrenal gland issue. If the signaling is off the output of the gland becomes altered, and as such the labs look bad. Often this is done with a adrenal stress index, but that does not go far enough. If you look at IGF-1 and melatonin levels you will see further evidence of altered signaling at the brain level.

Hmm I don´t quite understand. I thought stress caused adrenal fatigue, be it psycholoical, oxidative, whatever... Does stress increase inflammation? (After reading medical literature and coming back)... Of course it does! :nerd:

Needless to say, I am going to read all his Brain-Gut articles and I encourage anyone with adrenal/HPA issues to do the same.

My melatonin is defficient, my IGF-1 is too high.

I actually don´t buy much this guy but he proposes some interesting things. I just hope he is wrong and curing HPA dysregulation is easier than all of that :confused:

Last edited:

aimossy

@Beyond I googled leptin........lipkin found leptin and serpin upregulated in his study......adrenal fatigue may be another concept that is too crude for lots of us.......the more I read the more complicated it gets but also interesting.:)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i have posted a few of his things on here, some of it is interesting some of it is just way above me and just a theory of his, interesting all the same.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Yeah @aimossy and @heapsreal you both are right but the most interesting is his theory of Adrenal Fatigue being the result of inflammation. I do not buy that what he says of EMF causing it, because most of people are functional. Mine appeared after specific negative events/triggers and worsened over time because of the stress the body endures with sleep deprivation, leaky gut/autoimmunity, psychological pressure etc

heapsreal

Yeah @aimossy and @heapsreal you both are right but the most interesting is his theory of Adrenal Fatigue being the result of inflammation. I do not buy that what he says of EMF causing it, because most of people are functional. Mine appeared after specific negative events/triggers and worsened over time because of the stress the body endures with sleep deprivation, leaky gut/autoimmunity, psychological pressure etc

As dannybex mentions, most of it isnt unique but what i find is he sort of puts it all together and theorizes how all these relate to each other. For me it sort of cemented everything i was already doing from googling madly for years. He does have experience of treating many others with these theories. I dont think he has the answer to cfs/me but some of the suggestions can definately help.

heapsreal

Aimossy I think leptin in so closely related to the function of insulin and its sensitivity and dopamine. Other things we do to improve them will help leptin??

aimossy

I replied heaps then lost the draft,loll....hormones are a symphony involving the whole body and brain and receptors and powerful and complicated.you will probably be right.leptin is involved in the symphony.....I think its hormone and relates to hunger and energy among a bucket load of other things that's why its seems so interesting what lipkin found I only looked it up a bit today after chatting to someone about it last night.
be wary of this Krus guy though, people selling products using and image or theory.....hope some of our super brains on the forum help critique it.
mines gone now lol
try tomorrow.:)o_O

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Yeah Kruse is fishy. I am neither at the level of those writings however I will cure my adrenal fatigue! You don´t need to be a scientist to do so. It is pretty covered how to cure it. The keys are adrenals and gut it seems, one needs the other to heal. I don´t know if methylation is more or less important than these.

Last edited: