• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amalgam removal - mercury chelation

Wayne

Something that took my notice was the word spirochete...

The reason this piqued my interest is because I've just had a Lyme test for Borrelia and I got one band p41 which is for the presence of spirochetes. Now, it may or may not be Lyme. But one thing I remember from my consult with De Meirleir was he asked me if I have any jaw pain, which I do. Now, I dont know what the significance is, but I wonder now if he knows of some link there, that mybe the jaw is where they like to hide out...? Do you know, having read the book, if thats the case or not?

Joel, it's been a long time since I read that book, and I may not have even finished it, so I can't give you a definitive answer. But I think you would be interested in the following very interesting article that was published in the Townsend Journal:

Ground Zero for Lyme is the Mouth

You may also be interested in a thread entitled "Teeth Falling Apart" in which I posted about some of this.

Wayne

I eat 4-5 (relatively) high fiber meals a day. Does that work as a binder?
Hi Lotus,
I would think so, which is why I include psyllium and chia seeds in my detox drink. But I think the bentonite clay is in a category by itself when it comes to adsorbing heavy metals. If I remember correctly, it can bind up 100 times it's own weight or surface area, an ability that I don't really think is matched by any other product. I've heard that charcoal capsules are also good, but can't really say how they compare to clay.

Lotus97

Hi Lotus,
I would think so, which is why I include psyllium and chia seeds in my detox drink. But I think the bentonite clay is in a category by itself when it comes to adsorbing heavy metals. If I remember correctly, it can bind up 100 times it's own weight or surface area, an ability that I don't really think is matched by any other product. I have hear that charcoal capsules are also good, but can't really say how they compare to clay.
I've heard people having good results with charcoal and calcium bentonite specifically. Not necessarily both together.
I guess I'm afraid charcoal and/or clay will also bind to all of my supplements, but I'll give it some thought. I'm doing Buhner's Lyme protocol and he recommends chlorella for binding to toxins (which some people take for mercury too). He used to recommend sarsaparilla for Lyme toxins, but is less keen on it now compared to when he wrote his book. I should mention that some people have a chlorella intolerance so anyone thinking of trying it should start off with half a capsule and gradually increase their dose to make sure they don't have a bad reaction.