• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alpha GPC - cause rebound severe brain fog & fatigue??

ebethc

I took some Alpha GPC today (2 - 300 mg capsules, one taken w breakfast and one taken w lunch) and this evening I had to lie down for a nap... I was so exhausted and had the worst brain fog when I woke up... no headache, thankfully.

Has anyone else had this reaction to Alpha GPC? I'm inclined to believe that that's what caused my symptoms... I usually have bad brain fog, and it's one of my most stubborn symptoms, but this is way worse.

thanks.

halcyon

If you're going to take two a day I'd take them farther apart. Do you have the same effect from just one a day?

Tunguska

A bunch of people do terrible on it. Highly variable for me, but I've definitely had that before. Lots of different explanations, from neurotransmitter imbalance (acetylcholine), to triggering phospholipid synthesis processes that might depress other nutrients. Even might relate to hypoglycemia in diabetics, insulin. Rich Van K. mentioned a choline/creatine balance being off in CFS patients. There's no way to know.