• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ageing Reversal: Human Trials Underway

Bob

I hope they can stop the ageing reversal process one they've initiated it, or it could get rather awkward! :D

But, joking apart, it could be interesting research but there's little detail in the article.

alex3619

This technology will not reverse aging. It might however reverse some aspects of aging, and quality as life extension. However, one could argue that living longer means people may live until aging can really be reversed, so its a good first step. Resveratrol for example has been a hot research topic for quite some time. It reverses, halts or modifies some aspects of aging. Its similar in impact to calorie restriction, which is a long recognised way of slowing aging.

One thing I would want to see in aging reversal is telemere restoration. Any real anti-aging would have to do that at a minimum, as well as switch on or off specific genes which is what they are looking at. Now its entirely possible that they can restore telemeres using these methods, but they have yet to say so or provide evidence.

Aging reversal would also require some way to restore DNA, both in the cell nucleus and the mitochondria.

leela

Never mind the population problem, and the rapidly decreasing quality of life on the socio-economic level...why would we want to extend our lives exactly?

I did think, when I saw the article, though, that it could possibly be a good treatment for us since we are all so darn inflamed and overly oxidated.