• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AfME gives platform for company peddling "Ancestor Healing"

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Response from (unidentified) AfME Twitter admin:

afmeqi2.png

What happened to Board of Trustees Duty of Care?

If you share my concerns, please let AfME know via AfME Facebook and Twitter and on your own platforms.

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Qi Wellness @qi_wellness
Principal practitioner, Emilie, writes on her search for a #ME cure & her discoveries about #Qi energy: https://innercitymonk.wordpress.com @actionforme

--------------

Qi Wellness @qi_wellness
Qi Wellness Attending @actionforme Event Tomorrow http://www.qiwellnessblog.co.uk/qi-wellness/qi-wellness-attending-action-for-m-e-event/…

Qi Wellness Attending Action for M.E. Event
Qi Wellness will be featuring at the Action for M.E. annual conference where they will be giving Qi treatments to delegates.

Countrygirl

Several hours after my first reaction to the above....................my great concern is that an organisation that is supposed to represent those of us with this horrible disease has now further sullied our public image by associating us with ..........and apparently condoning ................another crackpot 'therapy'. They are further damaging our hopes of being awarded research funding by undermining our credibility.

Action for ME used to be an excellent organisation........................many years ago....................before they lost their way...........as have AYME................... by fraternising with those who either directly harm us and/or relieve desperate patients of their limited income. Sadly, they are still, it seems, undermining the credibility of many desperately sick patients. Perhaps, following yesterday's debacle, they need to divert some of the money they spend on their salaries and expenses for PR advice.

Frankly, I am pretty narked at the moment.................and saddened..................by their continued failure to represent us as I have just had further proof of how much damage the above inflicts on vulnerable patients. I have just put the phone down after an hour-long call from the relative of a child-patient. She has spent £700 on the youngster by sending the 12-year-old to one of the 'therapies' promoted in the past by those associated with AFME and AFME....................and Esther Crawley. The impression given to the relative is that as 'positive thinking' and psychological therapies(using the caller's description) are promoted for the illness it cannot be a 'real' disease worthy of being taken seriously. She is now dismayed and frustrated, however, by the fact that the outcome of the 'therapy' that involves telling the child to ignore her symptoms and push through them has not worked. In other words, unwittingly she has paid some outfit to abuse the poor child. AFME please take note! Please get your act together....................................you were once a great organisation that represented real ME patients. I am not sure who you represent now.

Countrygirl

="Dx Revision Watch,
Qi Wellness will be featuring at the Action for M.E. annual conference where they will be giving Qi treatments to delegates.

*cringe* :bang-head::ill::bang-head:

Qi Classes involve gentle movements, chanting and meditation and provide stress relief and a peaceful space in the hectic life of the city.

hectic life of the city..........................................................................!!!! Sooo useful for those of us with ME:D:rofl:

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
I found this forum which relates personal testimonies

http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,123948,123990

Qi Wellness, London based money-grabbing cult run by Korean criminals
Posted by: cultkiller ()
Date: October 21, 2013 01:00PM

Here are 2 posts by 2 ex-victims of Qi Wellness. Avoid Master Oh and his cronies or you and your bank account will regret it.

TESTIMONIAL 1.

I myself spent nearly 4 years and gave over £12K to the people who run this organisation, as I (along with hundreds of others) simply believed them to be a meditation group that could help me with my health and well-being.

They claim they are a charity and describe themselves as pious holy people who are doing good works for humanity from the bottom of their hearts. My experiences with them and information I learnt about them subsequent to my leaving them has convinced me that they are operating fraudulently.

The organisation formerly known as Chun do Suhn Bup, which became Ki Health International, which became Innersound, are now calling themselves Qi Wellness. They say they are helping humanity by offering ‘treatments’ to sick people and offering what they call ‘ancestor training’. When a newcomer arrives at the centre, it is recommended that they buy 6 treatments. The treatments last around 10 minutes and use acupressure to treat the patient. During these treatments, the ‘masters’ (as they call themselves) tell the patient that their disease / distress is due to ‘ancestral energy’ which is causing blockages in their energy systems. They then recommend either that they embark on a ‘training’ programme, consisting of 100 sessions at their centre where the ‘trainee’ does chanting and slow movements rather similar to those used in tai chi or yoga.

<click the link above to read more>

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
http://www.cultnews.com/2013/01/fam...army-officer-calls-for-investigation-of-cult/
Family of deceased British Army officer calls for investigation of “cult”
2013-01-23
By Linda Rogers
The family of a 27-year-old British Army officer who died of cancer in November (2012) have called for an investigation into the brainwashing tactics of a group who claimed they could cure her cancer. Leaders of Innersound, who have a clinic in London and are recognized as a cult by UK experts, dissuaded Naima Mohamed from having the chemotherapy that could have saved her life.Innersound ‘masters’ claimed she would recover from their meditation and therapy alone, and that chemotherapy was poison.

The Sandhurst-trained officer rejected chemotherapy and all other NHS treatments in January 2011. She handed over more than £15k to Innersound, but then the cancer spread to her sternum and lungs.Naima was told in July last year by hospital doctors her family persuaded her to see that she had around two years to live, but she died in a hospice near her family in Poole just four months later......................
.................................................................................
..................Innersound’s therapies use techniques derived from those used by a South Korean couple jailed in 2000 for conning their followers out of £44 million. Mo Haeng Yong and Park Gui Dal were imprisoned in Seoul for 8 and 5 years respectively. Innersound deny associations with the couple, although they have visited them in the UK.

Ki Health were forced to change their name to Innersound after being exposed by a British newspaper in 2008.They now are alls using the name Qi Wellness. Frequent name-changing is routine among cults who want to distance themselves from negative publicity and law enforcement. The UK anti-cult movement is lobbying the Charity Commission for it to withdraw Innersound’s charitable status.

This is most definitely not the first time that AFME have been ridiculously naive about commercial 'healing/therapies' and the marketing of them .

AFME put paid-for advertisements for most of the 'NLP/EFT cures ME' scams into its magazine Interaction for years on end, and up until quite recently. I don't know if they still do.

Last edited:

Countrygirl

http://www.qiwellnessblog.co.uk/qi-wellness/the-importance-of-qi-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

The Importance of Qi and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

October 2, 2015 by admin Leave a comment

We previously brought you 5 Essential Facts about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. On today’s Qi Wellness blog we explain the importance of Qi in treating CFS.

life Force Energy

In the East people believe that all beings possess a certain amount of Qi or life force energy, which is given to them at the start of their life. When this energy runs out so does their physical life. When this energy is depleted, they feel tired or fatigued and develop different symptoms related to aging. As we go through our lives we are y constantspending life force energy.

Qi allows our body to carry out all the bodily functions necessary to be alive. An important one of those is digestion, from which we get physical energy from food and water.

However if our Qi or life force is low, then our digestion can also be affected. For instance we can start to we find it hard to absorb nutrients from our food and develop intolerances. If you’ve struggled with Chronic Fatigue you know, it doesn’t matter how healthy the food that we eat or how much rest we take, we still feel tired.

Stimulating the flow of Qi

The reason for this is that CFS is related to a depleted state of our Qi or life force rather than a lack of physical energy from food, water, air, exercise and sleep. That is why stimulating the flow of Qi energy around the body through acupressure and other treatments such as massage can be very helpful.

Qi Treatments and Qi training are a great way to build up and strengthen your Qi. By using a method based on eastern philosophy and technique, during a Qi Treatment practitioners transmit Qi through the use of acupressure and sound. The treatment lasts 30 minutes and can leave people feeling more energized positive and with less pain and anxiety.

Qi Wellness

Qi Wellness, London based money-grabbing cult run by Korean criminals
Posted by: cultkiller ()
Date: October 21, 2013 01:00PM

Trainees are, believe it or not, always told to give cash, because ‘ancestors like cash’. ..............

Trainees are told that during the reporting ceremony, their ancestors are going to be present, and they will recognise cash but not a cheque.

I bet Phil Parker is kicking himself that he didn't think of this!..............................ah! .......................on second thoughts........................it is only a variation on a theme................................except this alleged off-shoot Korean Death Cult scam thought of it first........................................

He reminds trainees that the reason for the ‘training’ being costly is that God will only respond to real cries for help, and that God sees the sacrifice of large amounts of money to the organisation as a genuine cry for help.

The reason people keep going to the ‘centre’? Because they are emotionally blackmailed into believing that if they stop, they and their families will suffer.

Trainees are told that the originators of the organisation are ‘divinities’, what they call ‘grand masters’. They also say that they can read people’s minds. When I stopped visiting the centre, I bumped into one of the other ‘trainees’ in London, who advised me to look up ‘Korean Doomsday Cult’ on the internet. He told me this would dissipate any last doubts I had about the verisimilitude of their claims. It turns out that ‘father grandmaster’ is in prison (both mother and father were jailed in 2001 for telling hundreds of Korean ‘trainees’ that the world would end on February 17th 2000), and that they should give huge amounts of money to them to ensure that they and their families would be ‘protected’ by heaven.

When ‘mother grandmaster’ was released from prison, she and ‘master oh’ who now runs the London centre decided that the time was ripe to make monkeys of the British people. It had troubles in the beginning because some people found out who they really were, hence their habit of changing their name.

Emilie Weston whose name I have bolded and underlined in the next extract is the one who claims to have been cured from 'CF' which she also states is the same as ME and tweeted that they were going to AFME's meeting to promote their wares. This is what she says in her blog :
Chronic fatigue seems to be becoming a modern epidemic. Everyone seems so tired. I suffered from Chronic fatigue 15 years ago, but now I feel like the only Londoner who is not tired !!
Tired!!?? Anyone who thinks ME is about 'tiredness' does not know what they are talking about, in my opinion and experience.

Sometimes, if the ‘master’ feels the person is gullible enough, the ‘ancestral training’ programme is introduced immediately. The ‘trainee’ will be told that to rid themselves of negative energy which is causing their distress / disease, they should do ‘ancestral training’ which will remove the bad spirit energy and allow them to live comfortably and peacefully.

Some visitors to the centre are immediately attracted to this, as they may be in such a bad state and have tried many other methods to improve their health / well-being, and feel that this is their last hope. Some visitors to the centre are seriously ill and very depressed, and easily convinced that they need to clear bad energy from their ancestors who are ruining their lives.

The cost of the ancestral training? Simply to begin, it costs at least £1300 to do both mother and father’s ‘lines’ (ancestors on both sides). However, it is made very clear that the effect of the training will be felt much more strongly if the ‘trainee’ also does training for ‘related spirits’, the spirits of people who knew their blood-relations and affected their lives in some way. The reasons being that they could be responsible for the bad energy too, as they may have had ‘issues’ with the ancestors. So the cost now is a further £1300, totalling £2600.

s. Qi Wellness is making monkeys of many people, and I strongly suspect that at least 90% of their income is cash. This explains the frequent visits that ‘master oh’ makes to Korea (around 10 a year, maybe more). The organisation’s ‘headquarters’ is in a place they call ‘Daerachun’, in Hongchun, Korea.

Every Sunday they have a ceremony, to which trainees who wish their loved ones and themselves to get better must attend. During this ceremony, wine is offered to the ancestors by trainees doing the ancestral training, then there is an hour or so of chanting, followed by a ‘talk’ by master oh. His command of English is quite poor, however he repeats himself many times, generally saying that the trainees should be grateful to have this ‘opportunity’ of healing their families and themselves, and should always show their ‘beautiful minds’ by giving as much as they can to the organisation. He reminds trainees that the reason for the ‘training’ being costly is that God will only respond to real cries for help, and that God sees the sacrifice of large amounts of money to the organisation as a genuine cry for help.

The reason people keep going to the ‘centre’? Because they are emotionally blackmailed into believing that if they stop, they and their families will suffer.

Trainees are told that the originators of the organisation are ‘divinities’, what they call ‘grand masters’. They also say that they can read people’s minds. When I stopped visiting the centre, I bumped into one of the other ‘trainees’ in London, who advised me to look up ‘Korean Doomsday Cult’ on the internet. He told me this would dissipate any last doubts I had about the verisimilitude of their claims. It turns out that ‘father grandmaster’ is in prison (both mother and father were jailed in 2001 for telling hundreds of Korean ‘trainees’ that the world would end on February 17th 2000), and that they should give huge amounts of money to them to ensure that they and their families would be ‘protected’ by heaven.

When ‘mother grandmaster’ was released from prison, she and ‘master oh’ who now runs the London centre decided that the time was ripe to make monkeys of the British people. It had troubles in the beginning because some people found out who they really were, hence their habit of changing their name.

It must be said that the main reason that no one has ‘blown the whistle’ on these people is that they are afraid to do so. To do the ancestral training, the ‘masters’ take the names and addresses of ‘trainees’ parents. This, to their mind, ensures that no one will risk taking them to court.

The couple who run the centre call themselves master oh and master kim. Oh’s real name is Soon Tak Oh, his ‘wife’ Sung Hee Kim. They have a young daughter. I happen to know their real names because I have a copy of a marriage certificate between Oh and one of the British girls he somehow coerced into joining the organisation with him – her name is Emilie Weston, she now calls herself master jin.

The certificate proves that they were married on 13th June 2002 at Hitchin and Stevenage registry office. The wedding was witnessed by his own wife Kim, and another of the British girls they coerced into forming the organisation with them, a Leigh-Anne Miles, who now calls herself master Park.

Clearly they married so that he could obtain British citizenship. I believe the 4 masters on the marriage certificate are the ringleaders of this cult in London, and I’m sure that all 4 of them – Emilie Weston, Leigh-Anne Miles, Soon Tak Oh and Sung Hee Kim have private accounts of their own into which they are depositing large amounts of money. There are other ‘masters’ in the centre (mostly British citizens who have given everything they own to Oh and his ‘wife’). However, I feel they probably don’t know what’s really going on.

Further proof that the afore-mentioned ‘masters’ are the ringleaders of this cult are the names on the charity commission’s records citing them as directors of the company. Please visit the following link which will show their 4 names as directors, and the amount of money they have declared. Being that ‘trainees’ are asked to pay in cash seems to indicate that the £449,000-00 declared for last year is simply the tip of the iceberg of their true income. As I say, Oh’s oft-repeated trips to Korea suggest that huge amounts of cash are leaving the country with him.

I also have a copy of an email sent from master oh to one of the centre’s first ‘trainees’, who somehow learnt of their rotten history and made attempts to blow the whistle on them. The email in question clearly threatens this person’s life.

Hundreds of Britons are being systematically lied to and relived (sic) of their money day in day out, to the tune of millions. I know of one man who sold his house and gave them £200K. He now lives in a camper-van.

As part of Qi Wellness’ attempts to fulfil their charitable image, they give free ‘treatments’ to members of the metropolitan police ! , ambulance services and fire brigade. They take photos of themselves giving treatments to workers in these professions and plaster them all over the walls within their centre, to show members of the public that they are ‘helping humanity’ and to insinuate themselves into people’s confidence.

It's about time the final whistle was blown on these freaks!

I think Sonia is probably having a bad day!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Countrygirl

Frightening! I hope someone stops these people!

Could Head of Wellbeing be Introduced to UK Schools?

November 9, 2015 by admin Leave a comment

A pilot wellbeing programme is underway in the UK in an effort to tackle anxiety, obesity and other problems. Qi Wellness investigate how this could influence healthy living.

The Importance of Education

Part of the objective of the new wellbeing programme is to make schools accountable for developing the physical and mental health of, not just children, but the whole community. Nuffield Health is sponsoring a head of wellbeing in Wood Green School in Oxfordshire for a two years period. This position will be a senior role in the school’s management team and will report to the headteacher and governors.

It is expected that if this pilot programme becomes a permanent fixture in UK schools, the head of wellbeing would be responsible for overseeing investment in school sporting facilities, improving mental and physical health, exercise and nutrition, and investigating ways to increase wellbeing during classroom time.

This role would also involve engaging the wider community in embracing wellbeing and would be responsible for maintaining the engagement of students, staff and parents. The teachers themselves will also be a large focus of this position; figures show that over 50% of UK teachers are considering leaving the profession within the next two years due to low morale.

As part of this pilot, teachers will be consulted to evaluate where healthy changes can be made to their routines. They will also be provided with better opportunities for physical activity and mindfulness sessions, and greater access to mental health services.

Qi Wellness

Qi Wellness is a unique well-being and alternative health centre in the heart of London. Drawing on Eastern philosophy, Qi Wellness practitioners offer holistic treatments and classes to help strengthen the body, as well as, improve emotional and mental wellbeing. Following similar principles to acupuncture, but without using needles, the practitioners press acupressure points all over the body to stimulate energy and blood flow, often resulting in immediate pain and stress relief.

Last edited:
Is AFME going to bury its head in the sand again. As AFME did over its long term surreptitious promoting of Lightning Process and other NLP and EFT 'ME cure' scams, by taking money from the commercial practitioners to advertise their scams in Interaction.... despite years of complaints about it, from AFME members and other PWME

Countrygirl

Here we go................don't tell the DWP........it was printed in the Daily Express so it is bound to be true......

November 11, 2015 by admin Leave a comment

Action for M.E.

Action for M.E. is the UK’s leading charity for people affected by Myalgic Encephalomyelitisor M.E. Action for M.E. offer invaluable information and support – and have been at the forefront of the campaign for more research, more effective treatments and better services since 1987.

Qi Wellness and M.E.

In 2006 Sue Hutchins, a chronic M.E. sufferer, approached Qi Wellness after enduring the symptoms for nearly 12 years resulting from a viral infection in 1994.

Speaking to the Daily Express, Mrs Hutchins explained how Qi Wellness helped her with M.E. “I now have Qi treatments regularly. It’s a cumulative process – there’s a lot of energy missing so it’s going to take time – but it really does seem to be curing my M.E.

“Everybody notices the differences. My sister says she doesn’t have to worry about me, and my husband, who is very skeptical about alternative treatments, can see that it’s working and he’s thrilled.

“It’s wonderful being able to do things again and I don’t think I’ve been happier. I now work part-time in a charity shop. Which I really enjoy, and I even went hiking this year. As my improvement continues I’d love to find some full-time paid work. I hope that’s not too far off.”

Such was the success of Sue’s Qi treatment that she herself became a practitioner in 2010: “I now have better health and more energy than I had before my illness and I am much happier and more positive. I feel very lucky to have found this method and to be able to share it with others.”

Qi Wellness

Qi Wellness is a unique well-being and alternative health centre in the heart of London. Drawing on Eastern philosophy, Qi Wellness practitioners offer holistic treatments and classes to help strengthen the body, as well as, improve emotional and mental wellbeing. Following similar principles to acupuncture, but without using needles, the practitioners press acupressure points all over the body to stimulate energy and blood flow, often resulting in immediate pain and stress relief

Countrygirl

Who is up for opening a free leeches and blood-letting booth at next year's AGM?
Do you think they would give that some promotion? if its free its fine, right?

Personally, I think your previous idea of snorting hot beverages would be a more lucrative scam. Leeches, even free, are just sooo old school.