• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AFME and PACE trial

Jenny

He doesn't have much involvement with the North London ME group these days. Don't know about AFME. The second doc you linked to shows he's been very critical of the NICE guidelines.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
They have posted today saying they are after two trustees..

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/could-you-be-an-action-for-me-trustee/

Could you be an Action for M.E. Trustee?

February 08, 2016

Action for M.E. is seeking applications from people with direct experience of M.E. who would like to become a Trustee. As a charity for people with M.E., led by people with M.E., our constitution requires that at least half of our Trustees have, or have had, M.E. This means that we currently have two vacancies.........................

SilverbladeTE

Chrisb
I reffer to the way the internal security services AND the corporate and other entities they are emeshed with, plus other groups such as PR for large businesses that sort of "think alike"
They have lot of money and power, they are NOT there to protect the Public in the case of FBI and MI5 but to keep the System going
Individuals and smaller units of security services may have benign desires but over all the services sure as hell do not
After seeing Ghandi etc they had to come up with ways to deal with "soft protest"
Ironically they have ensured the doom of our civilization in their arrgosmt demand for short term stability and power

Lyme is very likely a US bioweapon that got out, there's nothing at all unlikely in that scenario
Fits their outlook on bioweapons att the time as well, more about economic and social.disruption than megadeaths
Russians had at least two disasters with bioweapons escaping, so it's perfectly plausible

Chrisb

Apologies @SilverbladeTE . I was obviously failing to make a humorous reference based on your typo "dirty ticks (sic) brigade" which conjured up all sorts of images.

SilverbladeTE

Apologies @SilverbladeTE . I was obviously failing to make a humorous reference based on your typo "dirty ticks (sic) brigade" which conjured up all sorts of images.
DOH! :p
Sorry, my brains in hibernation mode at the moment, sorry for ruining a good joke :)
Frikkin weather and stress thanks to the DWP etc makes one as mentally aware as a drunk man in a dense fog climbing a slope made of glass using his balls for traction :D

Yogi

Those is the reason why AFME are supposedly slightly less shit now. Their government trough has dried up and now wanting folk to help them again. I wonder how much they got for the PACE trial and whether it was worth it.

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/tell-us-your-experiences-of-our-services/

I wish AFME and AYME would just call in the liquidators! It would so help people with ME if they went into administration.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Sadly many families believe ayme helps them until the harm has been done..

Then they need to start speaking up. Or suing the pants off them so that this won't continue to happen to other families--the point of some legal suits--to prevent further harm.