• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"AFFLICTED" causing harm. Act now.

The ‘Documentary’ series AFFLICTED on Netflix is causing a lot of harm.

7 chronically ill patients were sought out by DocShop and asked to participate in what they were assured would be a factual, scientifically based documentary on living with chronic illness. Included in the series is a person with ME/CFS.

Netflix's exploitation of these individuals is downright disgusting. The producers chose to disregard their legitimate medical records and instead to perpetuate the idea that their illnesses are all in their heads.

It is extremely harmful to all of us suffering from chronic illness and is making a mockery of patients with real diseases and disorders.

Below is a copy of an email forwarded to me this morning from a dear friend...

To: rhastings@netflix.com
Subject: Afflicted

Dear Mr Hastings,

Regarding the “documentary” called Afflicted I would like to respectfully request that all profits generated (or a set amount per viewer of the documentary) be donated to reputable medical research institutions who are investigating causes and treatments for the diseases that were portrayed in the series.

I feel that the heavily biased portrayal in the “documentary” was particularly despicable since the sufferers already endure so much hardship. Your viewers are smart enough to see through this anyway and it has only hurt the reputation of Netflix and the team producing this series. In my opinion, it should be reclassified as reality TV rather than documentary.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
A Netflix subscriber

Another email address for Netflix is, bwickens@netflix.com

@AlwaysTired has a post with a petition you can sign ...

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...to-have-afflicted-removed-from-netflix.61159/

Millions of people worldwide watch Netflix. We are being targeted, yet again, by unscrupulous propaganda.