International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Aetna (US insurance) being sued by patient denied care by Medical Director who NEVER read file

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Gingergrrl, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    From CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/11/health/aetna-california-investigation/index.html

-----

Aetna is not my insurer but I am sick to death of this BS from ALL of these private insurance companies who charge exorbitant amounts for monthly premiums but then deny even the most basic care. You are led to believe that a doctor reviewed your case and determined it to not be medically necessary but this scandal proves that doctors are not reviewing cases (as I suspected). I want to believe this will lead to positive changes but I doubt it b/c the entire system is corrupt to it's core.

zzz, SueJohnPat, Learner1 and 4 others like this.
  2. SueJohnPat

SueJohnPat Sue

Medford NJ
    This is outrageous, but from my own experience with Cigna’s ( or UNUM) long term disability does not surprise me at all. California is one of the more progressive states and have fined Cigna heavily. Thanks for posting this.

*GG* and Gingergrrl like this.

See more popular forum discussions.