• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice for chelating cadmium and nickel

Hi. I"m looking for best supplements and others' experiences with chelating cadmium and nickel, when mercury is NOT an issue. (I know you have to be extra careful when mercury is involved, fortunately it is not.) Dxd with both hair and muscle testing. My dr suggested zinc, but a week of supplementing zinc has just caused constipation and not led to any real relief.

I've found a single source saying Quercetin is good for cadmium toxicity. (But not chelating it). Incidentally, Quercetin gave me my life back for about four months last year, when it suddenly stopped working, and hasn't been beneficial since.

Thank you.

Disclaimer: I do not have CFS, but years of chronic, severe, symptoms, many which overlap with CFS

Last edited:

Johnmac

Cutler says DMSA & maybe ALA.

But yes, you need to buy his book so you do it properly.

Cadmium is tricky as it requires neutral kidney pH for it to mobilise - otherwise it gets stuck there. For me, that means sipping bicarb drinks.