• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adding Vegetables and Herbs to Diet

Apart from the great advice that other users have given you, I would suggest getting a comprehensive stool analysis done for a bit of guidance. It might be that you are lacking in species that can sufficiently break down fibre and that might be contributing to some of your symptoms.

I had terrible gut issues at my worst and it took me a long time but now I can eat most vegetables without any problems. I found bone broths, L-Citrulline, L-Glutamine and butyrate helpful in building up gut integrity and encouraging more species to flourish, combined with VSL#3, Mutaflor, and Prescript Assist.

Be careful though with probiotics if you've had SIBO and double check that it's gone to avoid that upper gut fermentation that can make you feel off.

Best of luck! Going low and slow like you are doing is probably the best approach.