• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

adB12 - High, Then low

sflorence

Hi all.

I am on the FREDDD protocol, and I introduced adb12 last week.

adb12 makes me feel "high" most all day long, and then the next morning I feel a crash. Like I am hungover. And it lasts until 4pm.

Any thoughts? I am on 1/8 of a 10mg source naturals tablet, daily.

Thanks
-Stefan

CCC

My first thought was it might be too much for you. Some people have to crush the tablet then tale just a crumb from the tip of a toothpick and slowly build up.

My second thought is that you might need to stay with the methylB12 a bit longer before moving to adoB12 - that was our experience. It turns out we have a massive need for adoB12, and it was the toughest one to start on.

It's also a massive balancing act between methylB12, adoB12 and methylfolate. We've also recently added FMN (a form of B2).

You might want to check these posts
  • Adenosylcobalamin - Gorilla in the room
  • Poll: Freddd's B-12 (this has Fredd's latest list of symptoms for the delicate balance between those basic supplements on the first page of the thread - it's an important goto list).

CCC

thanks. I will back down even further.
If you look through the B12 hidden story mega-thread, one person called @winston had a lot of trouble with adoB12. It was her posts and Freddd's responses that really helped us and set us back onto methylB12 and stabilising that before starting the adoB12. Perhaps search for her posts in that thread?

Do keep us posted on your progress. The b-balancing act can be tricky.