Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ACTH Test

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by soxfan, Jan 9, 2018.

1. matt321

matt321

Yes, there is a lot more to curing CFS. Its not a fundamentally different situation though. As you know, people all present differently, and to make things even more difficult..they describe their situation differently. One of the most effective approaches I used to calm my CNS was originally found in the well known books on recovery. I then dug into the elite athlete circles to get advanced science and ideas that would help understand the process of HPA axis disfunction in overtraining, low carbing, and despite what you believe...CFS. This is why looking only at CFS science is so limiting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
  2. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I am not sure what the cause of my fatigue is and even though CFS and Adrenal Fatigue have many of the same symptoms I am more inclined to think it’s my low morning cortisol. I have many of the random adrenal symptoms.
    I don’t care that it’s in the normal range at the low end. The morning level should be right up there a time least close to the higher end of the range.

I have low normal vitamin D and B12 and the doctor has me taking supplements for both of those...so why is cortisol different.
    Taking 5 mg in the morning to see if it helps will not shut down my adrenal function...

I was on 20mg during Lyme treatment and it didn’t harm me at all and that was 7 years ago.

I can’t for the life of me understand these endocrinologists...she has me on the vitamins! I think they need to listen to the patients symptoms and how it impacts my life.

I only know I struggle from the moment I get up in the morning with fatigue...tiredness. Even after a good night sleep...

3. matt321

matt321

I would look at the Cortene article on this site. Its describes the exact process we've talked about here. Funny thing, is that it validates what those of us who are recovered have been exhaustively trying to explain to sufferers. On one hand, I hope it works as discussed, on the other, taking a pill to skip over development in life is usually only a deferment in self evolution.

See more popular forum discussions.