Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Acetylcholine Induced MAJOR LONG-TERM FATIGUE!!!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by joejack102, Mar 1, 2018.

1. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

Hello everyone,

I had used different Choline supplements (specifically Choline Bitartrate & CDP-Choline) several years back. After continuous use, they reduced my sensitivities to meds, however the Choline supplements left me chronically and majorly fatigued... seemingly permanently, LONG-TERM.

There was obviously an imbalance before (with me having been so sensitive to meds), and after (with me being so chronically tired).

How can I reverse this? It's not as simple as saying anti-cholinergic, because that didn't work. What supplement, nutrient, or ingredient might correct whatever imbalance I caused by using so much Choline for so long?

Best Regards.

2. imitate-past-reign

imitate-past-reign

Anti-estrogens.

3. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

How? Why should/would this work?

4. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

I think I need to figure out the same thing. Yesterday I read various things in a variety of places that made me think that maybe raising dopamine levels might help. One place that I read was a site by Ann Wright.

Also, cutting out nightshades and foods with significant chlorogenic acid. Maybe goitrogens, too, not sure, though.

I am wondering if the pre or post synaptic locations for acetylcholine have been negatively affected in some way.

Sorry that this post seems so disjointed, I don't know much but thought I would post to see if anyone can expand on these ideas.

5. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Interesting as today I just read this from ray peat. (http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/dark-side-of-stress-learned-helplessness.shtml)

He's not a fan of acetylcholine nor acetylcholine esterase inhibitors. As far as I understand it, acetylcholine increases nitric oxide production which lowers mitochondrial function (through displacing oxygen @ cyctochrome c oxidase) resulting in more lactic acid and less energy. Sounds kind of like CFS.

However I know acetylcholine isn't all bad, there are definite benefits to being more parasympathetic, so I have to assume he is talking about excess acetylcholine or excess.

I too have had bad reactions to acetylcholine esterase inhibitors yet I seem to have symptoms that could indicate a lack of acetylcholine (dry mouth, slow motility, wired, insomnia). These could be caused by antibodies against a certain receptor (M3) or something else however. Maybe I have the right amount of acetlycholine. Perhaps I even have too much and that is causing lactic acid build up. IDK.

6. imitate-past-reign

imitate-past-reign

Because lowering estrogen will lower cholinergic transmission, in the brain, where it counts.

This is not fool proof because the side effects of anti-E's are high too.

7. robinhood12345

robinhood12345 Senior Member

I've taken both no problem.

See more popular forum discussions.