Our Newly Ill Face Their First Holiday Season with ME/CFS
Don't look now! The holiday season is on its way. I've lived through decades of them with ME/CFS. So have many of you in our chronically ill community. That's beyond sad for all of us. But at least we have some idea what we're contending with, and have learned our ways of handling...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Navid, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

doesn't schizophrenia have something to do w histamine malfunction (high histamine, or problems breaking it down or both, etc.)?

YippeeKi YOW !! likes this.
  2. nyanko_the_sane

nyanko_the_sane

I think you are right! Normally the drug is taken in a much higher dose for all those other effects.
    The anti-inflammatory effect of Abilify has been studied.
    In low doses Abilify is used to treat chronic pain as well. I suspect this is one of the reasons it was prescribed to me.
    Stanford seems to prefer prescribing the non-generic name brand version. It seems this Japanese drug has a number of other off-label uses.

Abilify information in detail.

YippeeKi YOW !!, wastwater and ebethc like this.
  3. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

i wonder what the mechanism / pathways are for this drug...

re histamine, CFS'ers include a lot of patients w MCAS (ie, histamine issues)

4. Navid

Navid Senior Member

@Ben @janet @jamie @HTester
    Does anyone know why this drug is not being discussed by Dr. Davis and his team if Dr. Montoya's group is seeing success with its use.

Thanks.

YippeeKi YOW !!, ukxmrv and perrier like this.
  5. perrier

perrier Senior Member

What kind of success is there with this drug? Which symptoms does it lessen?

6. Navid

Navid Senior Member

Anecdotal stories on the Stanford ME/CFS FB page (Montoya Patients): less brain fog, able to do small tasks when were completely bed-bound before, small increases in energy. No-one has been on for a very long time, so stories are based on a short time span on drug. But hey any good news is welcome. Do a search on FB for Stanford ME/CFS page and join group to see posts.

YippeeKi YOW !!, ukxmrv and perrier like this.
  7. roller

roller wiggle jiggle

this sounds like the adult ADD/ADHD forums, when they took the usual suspects (vivanse, ritalin and other stronger stuff).

it seemed, that many would develop strange/unwanted side effects quite quickly, and sooner or later end up with more drugs: anti-depressant, then anti-anxiety, in between IBS-problems...

YippeeKi YOW !! and used_to_race like this.
  8. nyanko_the_sane

nyanko_the_sane

Let's hope the side effects are kept to a minimum because the doses of these medications are quite low in most cases.

See more popular forum discussions.