• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A womans bad reaction to Deplin

Martial

Her symptoms sound a lot like withdrawals and dissociation/Depersonalization, I speak strictly through my own experiences here. I don't know if deplin is the only thing at play in this case, The only possible major issue she should have run into was creating a worse b12 deficiency, as taking high dose folate without b12 in that case makes it worse. That being said it more so masks symptoms then makes it worse directly, perhaps she needs b12 and caused some major de tox or stirred something up that was in her system with it. I really don't know if deplin could actually cause any kind of damage on its own, Valium has far more chance of severe side effects and reactions then methyl folate, especially dealing with withdrawals. Nevertheless it definitely seemed the folate triggered something as well so important to resolve that.