• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A week and a half after starting B12.... feel terrible!

@Jimbo39 ... stupidly long delayed response but you asked once in this thread why some people might not be absorbing the potassium from food... I'm sure other people on here are immensely more clued up on the subject but while confronted with various horrible reactions in the beginning of experimentation with Mb12 etc I followed @Mary's suggestion that the reaction was a form of refeeding syndrome. I searched for refeeding syndrome in vegans (I've been Vegan all my life) and found an academic paper (Sorry I cant link it, just typing on my phone) about a case where a Vegan with various illnesses wa taken to hospital and auffered refeeding syndrome with a massive drop in electrolytes like potassium. The doctors found that despite IV introductions of these electrolytes the girl was not absorbing them or returning to stable levels. Eventually they realised she was deficient in vitamin D, and after giving her that, she became able to absorb the electrolytes thy were giving her. Fredd talks about all the cofactors needed to start methylation, I can honestly say I ignored about half of them: I realise now theres a lot I don't understand about all this but its important to be taking these other essential cofactors like vitamin D3 and calcium and magnesium etc because once you add in the MB12 etc and methylation starts up it can exacerbate other deficiencies you might not have known you had. but like I said, very much a newbie talking! :)

Jimbo39

I realise now theres a lot I don't understand about all this but its important to be taking these other essential cofactors like vitamin D3 and calcium and magnesium etc because once you add in the MB12 etc and methylation starts up it can exacerbate other deficiencies you might not have known you had. but like I said, very much a newbie talking! :)

There's a lot I don't understand either. Im pretty much taking a symptom based, trial and error approach. I try to add one thing at a time and in small amounts.It's good to keep a journal.