• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A walking cane?

taniaaust1

Will insurance not cover a scooter for you, Tania?

I dont have the energy to fight with my insurance company for anything.. They didnt pay me anything out for the BP monitor I got for my BP issue (orthostatic hypertension).. nor did they pay me out anything for my support stockings and sent my claim back to me.. (in which I was supposed to get $100 back I think it was).. instead they just said they wanted more info from my doctors (my doctor had done a basic letter to them teling them what I had and hence why I needed them but that wasnt enough!!). So due to insurane company giving me a hard time.. they so far got away with not paying out for my last two things over past 18ths (maybe its too late now.. thou I did send the claim in but as I said..they just returned it!!).. Im too sick to try to do more fighting with insurance company when Im already fight with state service etc etc to get my care needs met... I cant deal with anything more then dealing with several depts Im dealing with right now. :( (it annoys me that my insurance company is getting away with not paying me out for things due to me being too sick).

(I really need a caseworker helping me with all this stuff but unfortunate the state service has deemed me not needing one .. so instead.. Im impacted financially more due to not getting my insurance claims met.. second time I went back to doctor for a second letter.. I lost it ..and then couldnt get back to a doctor). Maybe i should bring the insurance stuff up too with my advocate. (Its cause the insurance company are choosing not to recoginise conditions such as POTS, and orthostatic hypertension).

Note before I even brought the things.. I did all the right things..rang up made an equiry asked if they would pay and how much.. got specific details on where I had to buy from to get my claim met..etc etc.. so it truely sucks when after I then brought, they wouldnt pay up without giving me trouble telling me the drs letter wasnt good enough!

I did ask the physio which the Disability services refered me too being a client of theirs, if they had any cane chairs there but interestly thou she's an experienced physio, she didnt know what a cane chair was. I had to show her my broken one (she was very curious about it, asked where I'd brought it from etc). Obviously cane chairs are lesser known about here in Australia (Ive only actually ever seen them once and that was when I brought mine).

Last edited:

taniaaust1

I think some of the supermarkets are down to £2 for delivery on some days and times.

Wow that is cheap where you are. My local shopping centre charges $17.50 for delivery and unfortunatey I cant get all my shopping from there due to the issues i have with foods and that and needing certain things.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I have a really basic walking stick. It is a stick that I picked up while walking in the woods several years ago and broke off all of the side branches.

When I got home, I set it in a corner of the stairwell where it is still waiting for my next walk in the woods.