• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A thread to thank the Phoenix Rising team of volunteers!

Bob

Phoenix Rising thankyou.jpg

As we approach the end of the year, it seems like a great time to thank the Phoenix Rising team of volunteers, who do a huge amount of work to provide us with a safe and well-run forum, and who give so much of their time to make this such a fantastic place.

It’s easy to take Phoenix Rising for granted, but for many of us, it’s hard to imagine our ME/CFS life without it. Articles, campaigns, mutual support, information, chat: it’s all here. And it’s all due to the unsung hard work of a very few volunteers.

The volunteers never get thanked enough - and they have to carry out the thankless task of moderating - always dealing with difficult situations.

So I thought this thread would be a nice place for us to show our appreciation, and to send the volunteer team our positive messages.

From a personal perspective, I'd like to send out a HUGE thank-you to the team - I'm hugely appreciative of the forums - It's like a second home to me - And that's because of the way it's run behind the scenes.

Thank you! :hug:

Edit: I've been told that these are the current volunteers who help keep the forum running... Many thanks to you all... :)

Kina, Mark, wdb, Sushi and Gingergrrl

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks for posting, Bob.

I think that each of us who is grateful to Phoenix Rising should post a message here.

I'm very thankful for this forum. I've been here for some years and have seen a few changes. Thanks to the efforts of the board and the moderators, this is a great forum and feels like a very welcoming, open place.

I'm very grateful to all of the Phoenix Rising volunteers and for all the hard work that they do for us. :balloons:

*GG*

I am thankful for the Phoenix Rising, for the ideas that have led to better health and functioning! And for the community that it brings together and helps us accomplish things that are not possible on our own!

We are much stronger united, than as individuals with this illness, I hope to become more active in my advocacy the new year, still working on my disability for now though. So I have lots up in the air!

GG

rosie26

Thanks so much to the Phoenix Rising Team, you really are appreciated :angel:

I have learnt so much since coming to PR last year. The information here is quite stunning to me. I don't feel all in the dark anymore trying to work my illness out and you have all helped me to start piecing some things together.

Thanks also to fellow members, I really enjoy seeing you all here, even though I don't have the energy to get to know you each a lot better. I really enjoy your posts and thanks so much for your humour as well. :angel::hug:

ahmo

I was receiving PR newsletters for some years before I came to the forums. In those days I was too overwhelmed to know where to begin. It's only 2.5 years ago that I learned of something called MTHFR, methylation issues, and found that this was the place I needed to be. And it's only been in the past 7 months that I've looked up from the Methylation forum to see that there's a whole world in PR. Not only have I essentially corrected my physiology, but my heart and mind have been opened by the information and camaraderie. I am more grateful than I can express for all that I've gotten from members and all you who maintain this safe space for us all.
bow_down_before_you-960.gif
clap.gif
stars-shower-smiley.gif
throwing_hearts-2669.gif
hearts_rain-2599.gif
rotating_heart-2607.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif
hearts-2633.gif

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
View attachment 9249

As we approach the end of the year, it seems like a great time to thank the Phoenix Rising team of volunteers, who do a huge amount of work to provide us with a safe and well-run forum, and who give so much of their time to make this such a fantastic place.

It’s easy to take Phoenix Rising for granted, but for many of us, it’s hard to imagine our ME/CFS life without it. Articles, campaigns, mutual support, information, chat: it’s all here. And it’s all due to the unsung hard work of a very few volunteers.

The volunteers never get thanked enough - and they have to carry out the thankless task of moderating - always dealing with difficult situations.

So I thought this thread would be a nice place for us to show our appreciation, and to send the volunteer team our positive messages.

From a personal perspective, I'd like to send out a HUGE thank-you to the team - I'm hugely appreciative of the forums - It's like a second home to me - And that's because of the way it's run behind the scenes.

Thank you! :hug:

Good idea to remind us.

Thank you all very much!

Wish I could think of more to say but I am rather foggy. :lol:

Simon

Well put, Bob

Yes, huge thank you to all who make PR what it is, I'm afraid I would be bereft without it. It's been a great place to discuss the science (and lack of it), meet good people and get organised: I've belonged to three different groups that probably would not have existed if it wasn't for the support and tools from Phoenix Rising. Thanks for posting my blogs too!

So take a bow @Mark @Kina @wdb @Jonathan Edwards @Jody EDIT: @Sushi @Butydoc @adin @Gingergrrl. And happy Christmas!

200_s.gif

As somebody who has helped to run another ME group for nearly 19 years, I think the team would also like if the donation link was plugged for anyone who is able to give something to keep the show on the road:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?donate/
Good plan, and if you set up a small regular donation it helps give some stability too. Or shop via Amazon or iGive

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

Edit: I've been told that these are the current volunteers who help keep the forum running... Many thanks to you all... :)

Kina, Mark, wdb, Sushi and Gingergrrl

@Bob Thank you for posting this thread and it made my day! Although all I have been doing so far is creating the birthday threads and feel this is a fraction of what Mark and the moderators do so am honored to be included in the same sentence! I wish I was well enough to do more for PR and hope to do so in the upcoming year.

I also want to thank all of you who write the wonderful articles for PR and anyone else who helps out behind the scenes (I know there are many people even if I don't know all the names.)

Phoenix Rising has become my lifeline since I joined in June of this year. I have not only made some wonderful hopefully life-long friends here but found OMI and the amazing doctor who is treating me (which I never would have found without PR.) I was completely lost and in the dark before I found this website and it is like a safe port in the storm and don't know what I would do without it. I can never express what this place means to me :hug:.