• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Song for ME: Blowin' in the Wind

Gingergrrl

And then there is this one made in 2010--everyone pictured is a PR member.

I remember watching this video when it was posted once before (I don't remember when?) and it is beautifully done as well. The ending though links to XMRV research and it seems like that part should be removed since not current or correct?

Diwi9

Administrator
@Diwi9 The second song (vocals and musics) was beautiful but I was confused if it was referring to the #MeToo movement b/c it seemed to keep referring to a man and saying that even though he was from a good family, to get away from him. It referred to (I assume the same man) scratching her on shoulder and then something "Red Rover" (I don't know what this means) but I assume re: some kind of abuse? Was this song about abuse? The lyrics didn't seem to match with a physical illness like the first song but maybe I am just missing it and need to listen again!
This song is about her visiting a doctor and disbelieving her symptoms while patronizing her...as far as I interpret it.

Diwi9

Administrator
@Robert 1973 and everyone that has posted songs...thank you so much. There is nothing like music to help one feel seen and loved because the emotion and care comes through. Robert - your video compilation was amazing...maybe other people with chronic illnesses other than ME have these scenes too, but I completely connect. Sometimes we question the diagnostic criteria and how similar/dissimilar we all are...but the images show that ultimately, we live the same experience.

Diwi9

Administrator
Here's another one...it's Christian themed. I think it is beautiful to have a man in R&B be so honest about the weakness this disease causes...Trip Lee has said he has ME/CFS, and this song is about that. Anyone with this disease can identify with the challenge to hold your place when feeling total defeat. Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread with other songs, I'm just incredibly inspired by music because it can touch people in a way sometimes our simple words and expression cannot.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder